All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
break down
      #2910 - 03/15/03 09:06 PM
Mike

Reged: 03/05/03
Loc: Canada

The past 3 weeks have been the biggest changes of my life. All though my wife has been great, I've changed more than I can handle at one time, Tonight I have let loose I drank more than I should have. And I will pay for it!. I just needed to let go of all the stress. I am realizing that some poeple just don't care about me or my needs.Has anyone ever felt this way before? Or have I just Drank to much?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: break down new
      #2914 - 03/15/03 10:53 PM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

Hi Mike. HOpe you are doing ok. It seems as if you are going through a rough time at the moment. By reading what you wrote, it would appear that the stress has been building up for some time, and it exploded last night - which probably caused you to drink more to try to mask the feelings. When you are feeling pretty down and out, it is natural to also feel that people don't care as much as you'd like them to. Try to look at one problem at a time, think about the solutions you'd like, and work out small steps on how to get there. It may take some time, but look at what you're moving to, and leaving the old feelings behind.

Hope this helps.

#2918 - 03/16/03 04:34 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

boy do i know what you mean about people not caring. everyone around here think that my condition is just "all in my head" and that "i will grow out of it" It seems that no one will take me seriously. i have learned to kindof depend on myself to mke my own food choices and to just realize that everyone else is just confused about my condition and therefore can not understand it. Please just keep your head held high and try to look on the bright side of things

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#2922 - 03/16/03 05:22 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Mike,
I know this can all seem a bit much at times but at least you're on the right path to feeling more healthy and sometimes that steam and frustration all has to come out somehow. Better to get it out of your system then you'll be able to move on. It sounds like your wife is supporting you well and that's great - I feel my husband must get fed up of everything revolving round my health. Some 'friends' will never get used to giving you a bit more consideration, but for others in time I'm sure they will if they value your friendship and health. Good luck - hope you're not feeling the after effects too badly today!
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#2937 - 03/16/03 08:39 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Mike - don't fret...things will get better. Hope you didn't suffer too much from whatever youu drank. You're a lot younger than I am (58) and I've found out as I've grown older that the best way to handle problems is to talk to yourself and reason out things. The most important person right now is you and the most important thing right now is your health. Other people have no way of knowing what you're going through (except us, that is) right now. If they're your friends they'll understand.

A lot more people have IBS than know it. My sister and her husband have it but are on that river called Denial. They complain about passing gas all the time but yet they won't listen to me when I try to tell them about the differences in fiber. I told them I was like that (and my sister especially knows) and that now I'm practically gas free. Guess they're not in bad enough shape yet. Oh, well. Sometimes you can't help anybody but yourself.

Good luck and keep posting. We'll be your support in times of need.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#2984 - 03/16/03 03:35 PM
Lynn

Reged: 01/27/03
Loc: Virginia

Such fine replies by some great people, how can I top that?

I think all of us can relate to times where IBS has been such a big ogre that we felt so small in comparison. Sometimes you feel alone and hopeless. Yes, I can honestly say I have had moments where I questioned how much people cared about me.

You not alone in this struggle, we are here with you. And we definitely care about you. I think by the posts here so far that is quite evident.

Lets stick together, and yes, you may have drank a bit much, but today is a new day. Time to start again. Take stock of things and reve your spirits up.

IBS isn't going to defeat any of us. Right guys?

Re: break down (Thanks) new
      #2991 - 03/16/03 05:26 PM
Mike

Reged: 03/05/03
Loc: Canada

I'm doing fine, Just A sore head. I guess I finally snapped, Must have been to much stress.I quit smoking last week (pack a day for 15 years)but did not give in.
Thanks for all your support. Everyone hear does make A difference.

Re: break down (Thanks) new
      #3089 - 03/18/03 12:07 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

CONGRATS on quitting smoking - that is a HUGE effort and takes a lot of willpower. I quit for 6 months, but fell back into it. I hope you keep up the strength to keep them at bay!

Also - I found that when I quit, for the first week, my emotions played havoc. I was teary and very irritable.

Keep up the strength!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1700 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1496

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review