All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Someone help me out and tell me what went wrong?
      #290794 - 11/21/06 06:59 AM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

My week has been perfect with BMs and all. If eating a trigger food, it is very small and with IF and SF. Yesterday I went for a breast biopsy. I didnt want to eat much so I just had a cup of herbal tea and a 1/2 banana. Towards the end of the procedure, the cold sweats started, felt nauseous, felt the blood rushing out of my body. They sat me up and gave me a cup of cran juice and a few honey roasted peanuts. This was at 1PM. At dinner which was at 630PM I ate some sauteed skinless chicken breast, mixed steamed vegetables and a potato knish. I felt the BM coming on so I went to the bathroom and for the whole time it was great and towards the end, the cramps started and the D came. Why? Do you think it was the cran juice and nuts?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Someone help me out and tell me what went wrong? new
      #290802 - 11/21/06 08:10 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Frankly, just the stress of a breast biopsy is probably enough of an explanation.

All of the rest could have contributed to it: not eating much before the biopsy so the juice and peanuts hit a basically empty stomach, not eating again until dinner. I don't know what you mean by eating small amounts of triggers during the week but that probably didn't help either. And if knish had triggers that's just piling on.

If for some reason you have to not eat for a good part of the day, when you do start eating again, try having just small amounts of Soluble Fiber foods every little while until you've got a fair amount in your stomach. And when you do eat your next meal, make sure it's heavy on Soluble Fiber so, for example, the vegetables are cushioned by rice, pasta, potato, bread, that kind of thing.

I hope your biopsy results are good.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#290848 - 11/21/06 12:01 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Frequently cranberry juice contains HFCS and the nuts were honey coasted. Both of these contain excess fructose which may cause D in fructose sensitive individuals.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#290869 - 11/21/06 02:49 PM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

Im thinking its passing. I had 2 bouts of it and this morning was slight ( theres nothing left in my tummy) I havent gone since. Thanks for your thoughts. I beleive the stress exacerbates it. I just want to be well for Thanksgiving. Have a happy one!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 966 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1276

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review