All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Flying with Acacia
      #289993 - 11/14/06 06:19 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I don't want security to think I'm flying with cocaine. What have you used to store Acacia while flying?

ETA: We're flying to Cabo San Lucas on Thursday for a week.

--------------------
~jules

Edited by jules (11/14/06 06:21 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Flying with Acacia new
      #289996 - 11/14/06 06:25 AM
BlissChick

Reged: 04/18/06
Loc: Canada

I have not tried to take the powdered stuff across the border. Last time i flew I took those new metimucil capsules and it was no problem.

--------------------
[url=http://troublesometummies.blogspot.com/[/url]

#289997 - 11/14/06 06:35 AM
jules

I have been doing fairly decent on 2 teaspoons a day and would hate to have to start over, and/or possibly regress on vacation.

Hopefully someone can offer some tips!

--------------------
~jules

#289998 - 11/14/06 06:54 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I travelled both to the states and all over Europe with my Acacia. For Europe I bought the bag of Acacia and brought that. I went for 5 weeks so it lasted the whole time and diminished in size as the trip progressed (making room for more souvernirs!)

For the trip to the states I went for 1 week. I brought my Acacia in a small container and brought the label with me. I put this in my suitcase. Don't forget your measuring tsp!

For my carry-on, for all my travelling, I put my dose in a water bottle. I usually have my Acacia in 3 doses during the day and try to stick to the timing. For example if I'm going to be travelling for most of the day (like 8-10 hours), I'll put 2 of my doses in a large water bottle. If I'm only going to be travelling (away from my suitcase) for about 4-5 hours I'll put one dose in a regular sized bottle. I'm not sure how this may work with new rules about bringing liquids on.

How long are you going for? Sounds wonderful!

--------------------
Kat

#289999 - 11/14/06 06:55 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

I have flown twice with acacia and haven't had a problem on either trip. I usually buy the acacia in the bulk bags but for the first trip I bought the can and took it in that. I figured that if they searched my bag it would at least be in its original package and they would know what it was. However, on my second trip I just took it in a little plastic container but made sure to put it in my checked baggage, not my carry-on. Since those bags go through the scanner they're a lot less likely to be checked. I think you'll be okay. Just remember, there are a lot of other people who travels with meds of some sort whether it's in a powder, liquid, or pill form.

Have a great trip! I can't wait to see pictures.

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#290005 - 11/14/06 08:13 AM
jules

Thanks for your responses. I'll make sure to take my morning dose before we get to the airport, then pack the rest in my checked luggage.

We're going for a week. Every Thanksgiving, our family takes a tropical vacation. I'm SO excited. We didn't go last year because our son was only four months old. Now, he's 16 months and I'm a little anxious about flying with a toddler. But, he's a good kid, and I know I should have nothing to worry about.

--------------------
~jules

#290055 - 11/14/06 12:39 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

I flew over Labor day weekend with it and had no problems. I just brought the package with me. Plus since I am on blood thinners I had to carry prepackaged needles on the plane with me. THey never even questioned them! I wouldn't worry to much. Have fun on your trip. How I would love to be going too!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2055 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1385

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review