All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
eggs
      #288712 - 11/01/06 03:54 PM
zippo

Reged: 11/01/06

I was wondering if its ok to have eggs? Scrambled or boiled make a difference? I know were not supposed to have the yolks, but is there anyway to prepare an egg for eating taking out the yolk inside of it??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: eggs new
      #288718 - 11/01/06 04:10 PM
dmdentre

Reged: 06/09/04
Loc: New England

I am having eggs for dinner tonight! I always take the yolk out, although some people can tolerate it just fine... to take out the olk, I just crack the egg in half and pour the yolk into the top half while the whotes run into the bowl and then pour the yolk back into the other half and back and forth until all of the whites are in the bowl! Yummy! I hope that I explained that ok!

D

#288733 - 11/01/06 05:42 PM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

There are also egg separator kitchen gadgets you can buy. I got one three years ago at my bridal shower. I had not yet developed IBS at the time, and kind of wondered how much use I would get out of it. Little did I know...

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

You can buy egg w/o the yolk. It comes in... new
      #288742 - 11/01/06 07:31 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

little cartons in the egg section. There are different kinds. Most of them are 99% egg white and 1% various things. Read the ingredients to make sure you are okay with the 1% other stuff. It's much easier and less wasteful than separating egg yolks from the whites by hand.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#288745 - 11/01/06 07:50 PM
germanicus1991

Reged: 08/09/06
Loc: Fort Worth,TX

When I was growing up my Grandmother taught me the egg shell way to separate whites.
Do not use that method now unless you wash the egg very well first.
Remember chichens carry Salmonela as well as other bacteria these days--I hope organic eggs come from healthy checkens, but unless you know for sure these flocks have been antibiotic free for several generations, be careful and just wash the eggs before handling them.
G

Re: You can buy egg w/o the yolk. It comes in... new
      #288752 - 11/02/06 03:18 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

... but more expensive.

#288766 - 11/02/06 08:10 AM
zippo

Reged: 11/01/06

Thank you all for the help and advice. I think I'll check out those ones in the store that come yolk-free. Hopefully there not too expensive.

#288954 - 11/03/06 06:52 PM
Hypnogal

Reged: 03/17/03

Hard boiled eggs do fine by me...any other kind that includes the yolks and I'm a deadman (woman). But, must be eaten last after enough SF. Don't want to hit the empty stomach with an egg yolk. Eggs actually have a small amount of saturated fat / not a large amount. They have monounsaturated fat - that's good for you. Zinc, selenium, vitamin b12...much more. They are a complete food in nature, containing a complete protein. Enjoy.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4349 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4140

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review