All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question for the ladies
      #288315 - 10/29/06 07:59 AM
amytd30

Reged: 10/27/06
Loc: Colorado

I was wondering how many of you have to deal with endometriosis along with IBS. My doctor mentioned to me that some of my IBS symptoms may be related to endometriosis. I am going to the OB/GYN on November 28. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

--------------------
Suffering from IBS since February 2006.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question for the ladies new
      #288344 - 10/29/06 11:51 AM
tummalarkey

Reged: 09/05/06

I am in the process of being looked at for endo. The doctor is putting me on constant birth control pills to see if without a period the symptoms decrease. I was on them without any flare ups early this year. As soon as I got off of them I had horrible IBS attacks. Hope that helps.

--------------------
Courtney (IBS-D)
"Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible." Romans 12:18

#288360 - 10/29/06 01:58 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

This has come up before, I know. You could do a Search on endometriosis on the Diet Board and the Living Room Board with no time limit and see what pops out.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#288462 - 10/30/06 02:57 PM
RebeccaM

Reged: 10/04/06
Loc: Orange County, CA

I had mild endometriosis prior to many years of infertility treatments. After undergoing many many surgeries, including surgeries to remove my endometriosis, I developed IBS....slight C but my biggest problem is abdominal pain. But I wasn't diagnosed till later...my first diagnosis was adenomyosis, for which I underwent a hysterectomy, but still the pain persisted.

In my experience, OB-Gyn's don't know much about IBS and as many of us have learned, most docs of any kind don't know much about IBS. So you need to educate yourself, ask lots of questions and be your own patient advocate. Good luck.

--------------------
On the diet since June 2006, IBS-C cleared up, still have abdominal pain; taking 1 Ultracet every a.m. for pain

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5648 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1547

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review