All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Source? new
      #289547 - 11/09/06 06:49 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Yes Miso, that is what I meant. A few naturopaths I know recommend it, and I have talked to and read about many people it has helped...and it helped me too.

Syl - I do research too, but sorry if I'm not the type to go around and writing down who wrote what, and when, and quote them and give links to articles. I really can't be bothered to do that. I do make very well informed and educated decisions though.
I'm not knocking you for doing all your research, but sometimes you can't go on facts alone. Sometimes you need to take a leap of faith.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I agree ... new
      #289550 - 11/09/06 07:00 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

we need to make leaps of faith. I prefer to have as much information as I can before I leap

Eventually I will post a message that recounts a leap of faith I made recently in a herbal supplement that is known to have particular medicinal properties. It triggered one of the worst IBS events I have had in years. I forgot to think about one of the fundamental tenants of EFI related to IF.

Good luck.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: in need of help asap new
      #289586 - 11/10/06 06:01 AM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

Joji: I can tell you what helped with me. November of 2005 I had an ulcer and then in May 2006 I got another set and they were bleeding. I had to take something called a Prevpack, 3000 mg of antibiotics a day with a Prevacid pill, for two weeks. Then I was put on something called Karafate that coated my stomach. But more than that I went on a very bland diet, that is a lot like Heather's, for bout a month. It was BOOORING but it did help my ulcers to heal. I would eat oatmeal, not the flavored type, cream of wheat or plain grits with no seasoning such as pepper. Lunch was sandwiches with a little low fat mayo . I ate plain chicken, rice, fish, applesauce, popsicles, soup, some veggies such as carrots, potatoes, squash and broccoli that was steamed or sometimes stir fried. SInce I did nt want to deal with what to drink I kept to plain water. I ate small meals, basically nibbled all day.
I have to tell you that I also have severe reflux so I was also working around that. SOme foods such as eggs did not agree with me so I did not eat them. But basically I kept my diet very bland and used the meds to stop the acid so that my ulcers could heal.
Not to scare you but I will tell you that after my last bout of ulcers I developed my IBS. My doc said that it could have been the meds and the trauma to my stomach.
I also had a upper EGD after a three month period to see if the ulcers were gone. By the way I knew they were bleeding before the EGD since I had dark blood in my stool.
I hope this helps and I hope that your sister gets better since it ws very painful and scary to have the ulcers.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1544 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4850

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review