All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Mcdonalds,burger king, wendys, ect
      #2880 - 03/15/03 01:38 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

i was just wondering if anyone can tolerate anything from wendys, burgerking, mcdonalds, ect. i see that burger king has something called a jr chicken wopper that i was thinking of trying. its broiled chicken and it only has 6 grams of fat

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mcdonalds,burger king, wendys, ect new
      #2881 - 03/15/03 01:51 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

I will be interested to see what the concensus is to this question. I purchased a pocket Calorie/Fat/Carb book and they have many fast food menus in it. It does show that sandwich as 6 grams WITHOUT the mayo. Now, they do have diping sauces such as honey flavored and sweet and sour that you could use in place of the mayo. Some fast food places have bbq or spicy sauces that are also fat free that could replace any fatty sauces. I just returned from a trip and kept this little book by my side, the only problem is that you still have to find out how it's cooked. I once ate a small egg roll that only had 6 grams of fat at Jack in the Box (mistakenly thinking low fat meant everything) and was searching for a restroom within 25 minutes as it was fried. The only thing I can eat at McD's is the Fruit and Yogurt Parfait w/o the granola.

#2885 - 03/15/03 04:33 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Wendys has a baked potato on the menu and I think BK does as well. I get that, with a small lettuce salad and low fat italian dressing. Eat the potato first and chew the salad carefully. Ask for water to drink. Also, I've heard that Wendy's super salads are great - like the Mandarin Chicken salad was yummy. Just go easy on the dressing. That's the killer with the high fat content.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#2892 - 03/15/03 05:15 PM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I can handle the jr chicken whopper without mayo. Their veggie burger without mayo is really good as well. It is not my first choice, but when I am in a time crunch it is really good. Subway is my favorite/safest fast food restaurant though. Just make sure that you get the sub without cheese, lettuce and mayo. REALLY GOOD!!!!

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#2894 - 03/15/03 05:50 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I know McDonals's and Wendy's have websites with nutritional information and ingrediants. Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich has a honey mustard sauce on it, unfortunatly the sauce is made with whole eggs. I also posted the other day about McDonald's grilled chicken wrap. I had it without the dressing and cheese and I had no problems with it. Check out their websites though. It is interesting to look at the information.

#2944 - 03/16/03 09:26 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Karin, wy do you have it without granola? according to www.mcdonalds.com, the granola is made of oats and rice. also, can you handle the raw srawberries and blueberries like that?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#2945 - 03/16/03 10:01 AM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

I just cut out the granola because it added a gram of fat. It's probably not necessary, but depended on what else I ate that day....lol. I don't care for blueberries so I usually take them off when I can and Strawberries don't bother me. Everyone is so different with their triggers, I think I will continue to learn what mine are for the rest of my life!

#2969 - 03/16/03 03:02 PM
Lynn

Reged: 01/27/03
Loc: Virginia

I do fine with the grilled chicken at Wendy's. Usually, they never listen to me when I say don't put the sauce on the chicken so I use a napkin and scrap the excess off. I usually will eat a baked potato with it.

I can sometimes have fried chicken to a minimum like nuggets. I don't dare touch red meat. Salads are good at Wendy's too.

I don't do McDonalds. I don't do Burger King. I learned not to mess with KFC either. I avoid Fast Food chains for the most part and get stuff from other resturants.

I love a turkey sub on white with lite mayo, lettuce and tomato.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1210 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1457

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review