All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Tell me new
      #288126 - 10/27/06 05:39 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

I am C right now, though... we had people over yesterday and I ate too much... I couldn't vomit (I can't do that on demand) so I guess I triggered myself

I don't follow this. Do you mean you *wanted* to vomit for some reason?

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#288138 - 10/27/06 07:16 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Yes, I felt so nauseated (I do when I overeat), but I can't throw up on demand and I guess that's better, but still, I overloaded myeslf with food and my poor bowel doesn't like that

I am sorry, I don't want to make this topic about me... sorry for mentioning that, just wanted to point out I can't "speak from experience" about magnesium for the last two days, because I don't feel OK and that's probably because I messed up.

Was I clearer? Again, I apologize.

#288140 - 10/27/06 07:20 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

No apology necessary. I was just confused - and a little concerned. Thanks for clearing things up.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: opinions about fiber supplements new
      #288146 - 10/27/06 08:56 AM
GaiasSong

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: SC (IBS-D/P) - STABLE! Spring 2007

I'm using Heather's acacia and like it ... haven't tried any others yet. Oddly, I find I have less gas & bloating now that I'm using a SFS. But I am going slow, slow, slow with it as far as increasing dosage. Thankfully, even a little SF helps my symptoms a lot.

--------------------
Check multiple sources and make the best-informed decision possible!

#288159 - 10/27/06 11:31 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Yes, Miralax relieves much of the anxiety because it's a guarenteed way to go. No wondering.

I do take digestive enzymes with every meal. Digest Gold.

I am leery of doing the BTC diet, especially eating only white rice, because the constipation would seem most likely to increase.

I eat pretty normally for a C...SF and IF at every meal. Maybe not enough IF? I don't know. Too tired to think about it right now.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Tell me
      #288178 - 10/27/06 02:23 PM
Jeio

I don't eat white rice either (unless it's an emergency and I just HAVE to get a meal ready quickly, it cooks faster), I only use brown rice, because my sweet husband has high cholesterol and should not eat high glycemic index foods...

When I started the BTC diet (or something like it, I didn't know it was called that at the time, I was just listenning to my best friends advice, who has UC), I didn't notice an increase in C. I think because I was eating less things that would make it to my colon (less fiber and other things that bother us) I just had less material there and din't have to gooften anyway. That reduced the problem, though, because I had less stuff in my system.

If you're in pain, it's probably too much IF. It's always a balance between IF and no C... At least with me. Before, I would eat a TON of fiber and for a while I didn't even have C (I have had C since I was born)... but I didn't have pain back then (or I wasn't noticing it ) so I didn't even think I was doing something bad...

Just pointing out how it was for me.

I hope you feel better in the weekend
Jerry

Confused about the rice
      #288373 - 10/29/06 06:23 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Are you saying you did the BTC diet with brown rice?

If I don't eat at least the amount of IF I am now, I don't go....I think. It's hard when you have C and pain....how to balance the fibers...or not to take in much fiber at all in order to give the body a break.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Jordy, how are you today? new
      #288473 - 10/30/06 04:07 PM
Jeio

How are you today, dear?

Yes, when I did the BTC diet, I did it with brown rice. I over cook it some (and put yummy eastern european spices on it, mmm, tastes like my grandma's) and it's great with me.

You are so right, it's a very difficult balance to find. So hard to follow after, too...

OK, I will repeat what I did.

- I stopped all IF for awhile(but that in the brown rice, I read it was very tollerable on this website somewhere, so I thought why change it, then I would need to cook one for me and one for my husband). I was eating brown rice, potatoes and toasted white bread (with jam/jelly, no butter). I was doing toasted, because my best friend told me soft bread sticks to your guts and is more dificult to digest than toasted, and I have found her to be right while I was eating mostly that

- While I was doing that I was taking Miralax to be able to have BMs...

- I started gradually introducing some more IF to the abovementioned -- adding some peppers to the rice... or tomatoes (small amounts)... some onions here and there... making soups not just of potatoes and pasta but also adding some celery, or some other veggie

- I stopped the miralax and started taking magnesium.

- I am pretty good now. I suspect i needed the miralax to stabilize.

Blessings
Jerry

Re: roasted red peppers new
      #288492 - 10/30/06 05:26 PM
GaiasSong

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: SC (IBS-D/P) - STABLE! Spring 2007

line415, I'm actually using roasted red peppers as a substitute for tomatoes now, and doing fine with them.

--------------------
Check multiple sources and make the best-informed decision possible!

for gaiasong: roasted red peppers new
      #288498 - 10/30/06 05:41 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Interesting. I will have to try the roasted red peppers again b/c that might have been a fluke. I am okay with tomatoes (a slice or two on a sandwich) but I really have a difficult time with tomato sauce (even if it's just a little). How do you buy your roasted red peppers? Sorry to sound nieve, but I've only ordered them out or bought them on one or two occassions in a jar full of oil. Thanks

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 342 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32442

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review