All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: I wonder new
      #287984 - 10/26/06 07:34 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Oh, I am sorry to hear that, hon. Are you taking enough acacia? Do you take it with every meal? When do you take it, btw?

I hope you start to feel better. Does taking more Natural Calm (when the stools become messy) help with the bloating and pain and gas?

Also, have you tried beano (bean-zyme is cheaper)? I ate some cauliflower the day before and I always take it when I eat beans, and I took some when I was eating cauliflower and it takes care of gas pretty well. And gas is painful for sure (at least to me), not just embarassing.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Line415 new
      #288022 - 10/26/06 10:44 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

So you think I should keep increasing my Acacia then? Was your IBS-D so bad before that you had d every day? And how much Acacia do you take now? I feel the same way today...going often but not d. Of course this is a huge step forward from before, but I'm still so frustrated b/c for example I need to go somewhere today by myself with my kids and I'm sitting here deciding what to eat. It's like I want to avoid all IF before I have to go out, but then I know it's not good to squeeze it all in at night either. I think I'm going to have a smoothie with some crackers, although I still feel like I might need to go when I'm out. The other problem is that now my anxiety level is rising again b/c I know I need to be near a restroom. I was actually enjoying the "c" in a bizarre way for that reason! I'm glad to hear that you had a similar experience and then it improved.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

roasted red peppers new
      #288024 - 10/26/06 10:47 AM
line415

I love roasted red peppers but I had them in a dish a week ago and had my first horrific d attack in a month...only problem is it could have been the asparagus or oil on the pasta that did it too. Are roasted red peppers generally a good IF or do many people have problems with it? (or like everything else with this crazy disease, is it individualized?!!! ) thanks

--------------------

Re: Line415 new
      #288026 - 10/26/06 11:00 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Oh, yeah. I was about as D as D gets - every day, sometimes all day. You're in a little different situation since you seem to lean A but I'd still probably keep going up on the Acacia. It should help you manage more IF. And I do push my IF more toward the end of the day.

I take 7 teaspoons of Acacia per day.

As for pre-emptive anxiety, I hear you. I'm at the point now where pretty much the only thing that triggers an attack (other than eating off program, of course ) is worrying about having an attack. Put me, oh, say, on the Cross Bronx Expressway in sluggish traffic and my tummy acts up. (On the bright side, I can report there's a McDonald's on Jerome Avenue with a nice bathroom.) I started the hypno and it seemed to be helping with this then I got sidetracked and dropped it. (Okay, not too bright.) I'm going to go back to it after life settles down a little.

I hope this afternoon goes well.

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

The mind is such a powerful thing, isn't it?! NT
      #288028 - 10/26/06 11:04 AM
line415

--------------------

Re: loooooove roasted red peppers
      #288033 - 10/26/06 11:52 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I used to eat roasted red pepper pizza (the last bad food before I committed to this diet) and it was heaven.

I now eat them just on their own, or in a pasta dish.

Line415: Restaurants will often cook this in a lot of oil. I don't use any oil and eat only a small amount, with lots of SF to cushion.

--------------------
Kat

thanks...I'll give the peppers another try...it might have been the oil n/t
      #288099 - 10/26/06 05:49 PM
line415

--------------------

You are so nice!
      #288101 - 10/26/06 06:14 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I am up to 10 grams fiber of Acacia. I do take it in 3 doses-one before each meal.

Increasing the magnesium...I'm afraid to increase anymore since my stools are already so messy. I can't tell if it helps with gas/bloat. I'm always that way when constipated even a little.

Beano doesn't help me at all.

Are you satisfied or planning on increasing/decreasing either your NC (how much do you take of NC) or Acacia? I apologize if I asked you this already. I'm getting confused. How are you doing without Miralax? I'm ready to run back to it.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Well, that makes sense new
      #288113 - 10/26/06 06:59 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I used to take a scoop, or 4 capsules of the FibreSmart and I wasn't sure exactly how much fibre it was so I started to build up with the acacia.

Tell me
      #288116 - 10/26/06 08:45 PM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Oh, poor thing...

Personally I find the pain/bloating worse on Miralax But the anxiety that I won't be able to get rid of the... stuff... was significantly less, since I knew it worked. I mean, Miralax might have worked to stabilize me (I used to not "go" and lose a pound every DAY (eating normally) and when I started taking Miralax, the weightloss stopped miraculously and I started going every day (blah, I didn't seem to have much to go, though, but anyway). Maybe it was just the right time for me to stop the Miralax, now that I was sort of stable, and not the right time for you yet? I don't know, we are trying to figure out things backwards...

Did you try taking some other digestive enzymes? I might have asked you that before, but if you pretty mich constantly are bloated/gassy/in pain, maybe you're alergic to something. Did your doc rule everything out (mine didn't)? Like, whenever I eat milk without taking digestive enzymes I get bloated and gassy (I take dairy-zyme in the rare occasions I must have yoghurt... it's a national thing, I just can't imagine life without it and dairy-zime takes care of things)

Natural calm, I ordered, waiting for it to come, until then I am taking a generic equivalent, mag citrate. I am taking 2 fl oz (or 2.5 fl oz, depending whether I had a smoothie or not) which would equal to 3.5 g (or 4.4 g) citrate (judjing from what it sais on the drug facts label).

What are you eating, dear? Did you try the break the cycle diet? Try eating predominantly rice, it's the one starchy thing that creates the least gas (all starchy things, I think, cause gas, but again, we can't really tolerate anything else), that's what I used to stabilize -- rice, rice, rice... and some oatmeal and water, but with acacia (sounds like prison, huh?). And pretsels, but I don't know, you might be alergic to wheat...

I am C right now, though... we had people over yesterday and I ate too much... I couldn't vomit (I can't do that on demand) so I guess I triggered myself Plus I have too much stress around right now. It's much less bad than before though...

Anyway, I am going to be fine. Tell me what you eat and I think before you despair, you should break the cycle (or at least try to).

Hugs and don't despair. You'll figure it out sooner or later.
Jerry

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 385 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32417

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review