All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Thanks...I was getting bored of blueberries! nt new
      #287935 - 10/25/06 06:03 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I wonder new
      #287936 - 10/25/06 06:10 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I forget, do you take Natural Calm too? How's it going without Miralax?

I guess it doesn't matter what your symptoms are. Since a C person stabalized at 1 Tablespoon, but a D is at 2 T. For some reason, I thought it would be the opposite. I guess I still don't really understand how something like Acacia can help people control the D so well....then how can it possibly be good for C. I know there is an explanation on this...but I struggle with really being able to internalize this.

I don't know if I should go up or down. I felt better at a lower dose...but I have stopped Miralax for now, so that could be contributing to my change in stool habits.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Gracie, why did you switch? new
      #287948 - 10/25/06 07:54 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Price wise is why i switched. I'm won't be able to tell how much or if I'm saving until I've reached my optimal level.

Re: reply to K2 new
      #287949 - 10/25/06 08:04 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Have you ever tried roasted red pepper? It's great!

Re: I wonder
      #287962 - 10/26/06 01:19 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Well, not quite natural calm (i have to order some, Whole Foods doesn't carry it ), but generic magnesium sulfide. It is going really good, my gas reduced quite a bit! And i feel better too

About the SF, Heather explains, that it makes a film in the gut, that allows us to take more IF. IF is what makes us go, so D people are probably very sensitive to it and have to take SF to buffer it (make the film around it) so it doesn't make them D. Some C-ers need it a lot more, because C-ers should generally be having a lot of (more than D-ers) IF, so if you are a C-er very sensitive to IF, you take lots of SF. I am probably not as sensitive to IF thus could stabilize (if I am stable) at 1 tbsp.

Personally, I am not quite sure it's just the SF, I think it's also the starchy part that's soothing to the gut, but you can't add any starch as easily and as taste-lessly as you can add acacia

How have you been? Apart from the messy stools, have you been feelng OK? Bloating? Pain? Gas?

Thanks
Jerry, IBS-C

Re: opinions about fiber supplements What did they change??
      #287968 - 10/26/06 06:23 AM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

What did they change on the Benefiber. I heard that was the closest type of fiber as the Acacia. Each on of these fibers have different ingredients. Can someone post what each have. Benefiber, Fibercon, Metemucil, Equalactin, etc....Citrucel causes me gas.

Well, that makes sense
      #287969 - 10/26/06 06:29 AM
Jordy

If you can tolerate both, go for the less expensive way for yourself...whichever one that turns out to be!

When you switched, did you start all over again with the "build up"? Or did you do equivalent amount of Acacia as you were taking with Acacia?

--------------------

You can find that info on Heather's site
      #287970 - 10/26/06 06:31 AM
Jordy

...under IBS supplements. Here's a link to help you out. SFS

--------------------

Re: I wonder
      #287971 - 10/26/06 06:34 AM
Jordy

Bloating, gas, pain....yep!

Thanks for your explanation! It is so hard for me to really internalize it though.

--------------------

Line415
      #287983 - 10/26/06 07:31 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

The odd thing is that after I posted today, I had like 4-5 bms but not d. Pretty much normal, maybe feeling about 20% incomplete. [snip] I am a thousand times better than before with d...the urgency has definitely lessened, but I am still in the phase of needing to be near a bathroom b/c everything is so erratic.

I went through this phase once I'd been on the EFI Diet for a short while. The horrible urgency and cramping pain lessened, but the frequency and "feeling of incomplete evacuation" hung around for a while. For me time on the Diet plus getting up to a pretty high level of Acacia got the frequency down. I think it just took time and soothing for my gut to calm down and figure out how to regulate itself again. Now if I'm diligent about sticking to the Diet and I eat on a regular schedule, my norm is once a day.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2398 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32468

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review