All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
soy milk vs soy yogurt
      #287301 - 10/20/06 06:28 PM
tummalarkey

Reged: 09/05/06

Anyone with D able to tolerate soy yogurt but not soy milk? I used to eat a lot of soy yogurt but I definitely could not tolerate soy milk. Any idea of why this might be? Has this happened to anyone else? I haven't done any soy in about a year and am getting ready to try the yogurt again. I figure since it was safe last time I would try it again and then move on to trying the milk again. Also, is soy in general SF or IF?

--------------------
Courtney (IBS-D)
"Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible." Romans 12:18

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

bump nt new
      #287523 - 10/23/06 08:09 AM
tummalarkey

Reged: 09/05/06

--------------------
Courtney (IBS-D)
"Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible." Romans 12:18

Re: soy milk vs soy yogurt new
      #287528 - 10/23/06 08:45 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

Also, is soy in general SF or IF?

List of Soluble Fiber Foods

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: bump nt new
      #287565 - 10/23/06 12:06 PM
Reneemj

Reged: 10/06/06
Loc: San Diego, CA

OK I have to ask, what does Bump nt mean? I'm new to the boards.

Thanks

Renee

Things that go bump in the night (or day) new
      #287584 - 10/23/06 01:52 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

If you've posted something and you haven't gotten an answer after a reasonable amount of time, you can bump the post. This just means you reply to yourself so your post goes back to the top of the Board. Most people just put "Bump -nt-" in the Subject and nothing in the body of the post - the "nt" means there's no text; that is, there's no need to click on the post and read the body because there is no body. (You can use "nt" whenever you're giving a quick answer that will fit in the Subject line, like "I feel the same way -nt-".)

In general, unless your question is time sensitive, it's rude to bump your post up after less than 24 hours - or at least letting it sit through a whole workday or overnight. You can also put more info than "bump" in the Subject line like, "I really need help on this. Anyone? -nt-" And you can bump even if you've gotten an answer or answers if you want more feedback, although I think it's courteous in that case to at least thank the people who've already answered you, like "Thanks, guys. Anyone else have anything to add? -nt-"

And people sometimes bump for an individual. For example, if you post that you just ate the best cinnamon roll you ever had and it's IBS safe, I'll post back and ask what the brand is. You may not see my post so the next day, I'll post "Bump for Reneemj -nt-" in hopes that will catch your eye.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#287588 - 10/23/06 02:15 PM
chergui

Reged: 10/05/06
Loc: Mobile, AL

I really don't know how you all can eat soy. Before this recent IBS attack, I was a vegetarian for 4 yrs. Naturally, I ate alot of soy products. And, boy oh boy, did I ever have the gas...all the time. With an IBS attack, I think I'd die if I ate soy of any kind. I haven't touched it since June of this year. I miss it, and I am happy for all of you that can eat it without gas. Elaine

#287605 - 10/23/06 03:30 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

try taking digestive enzymes with soy and see you need ones with alpha galactosidase specifically.

Re: Thanks Sand :) nt new
      #287706 - 10/24/06 10:57 AM
Reneemj

Reged: 10/06/06
Loc: San Diego, CA

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1553 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1363

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review