All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Arcadia Fiber
      #286250 - 10/13/06 04:22 AM
amos

Reged: 05/15/06

I have been taking the fiber 1.5 tsp a twice a day and have noticed a huge difference which is great. My problem is the amount of gas that I now have. What can I do to combat this. It's really bad and I need to find a way to stop it. I'm at a loss.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Fennel tea, less acacia new
      #286277 - 10/13/06 07:44 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

If you started out taking 3 teaspoons of Acacia a day your system may just be struggling to handle that much SFS all at once. The gas will probably subside eventually as your gut adjusts, but you might consider backing off the dose - say maybe half what you're taking now for a while, then work your way back up gradually.

You can also try fennel tea. A lot of people on here swear by it for help with gas.

HTH.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Fennel tea, less acacia new
      #286299 - 10/13/06 09:51 AM
amos

Thank you for the suggestion. I just started taking the fiber on September 17th, 1 tsp. twice a day and then after a week I increased it to the 1.5 tsp. I really didn't know how much time to give it before increasing. I guess I'll go back to the 1 tsp twice a day and maybe increase after a month. Thanks again. What about the peppermint? Will that help with the gas?

#286375 - 10/13/06 07:18 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

It might have been better to start with 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon 2 times a day.

Peppermint tea and gas new
      #286438 - 10/14/06 09:18 AM
Sand

I don't think peppermint tea helps with gas except insofar as it's generally soothing to the gut. If you like it, you could try mixing your fennel tea with your peppermint tea. There's also a tea called "Eater's Digest" made by Traditional Medicinals that contains peppermint, fennel, and ginger.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#286748 - 10/17/06 06:49 AM
amos

I think my problem is that when a suggestion is made I jump right in and what it to work. Since the container said to start with 1 tsp twice a day I did and then I moved up to 1.5 tsp at the start of the next week. Now I seem to be getting anxiety about all of this again. I did the hypnosis cds and that ended in August. It's been six weeks so now I think I can start the cds again. It's terrible these feelings of everything being out of my control. I went back to the 1 tsp twice a day and I'll see how that works. Thank you for all of your suggestions and just listening. Sometimes I just feel lost.

#286749 - 10/17/06 07:09 AM
Sand

I tend to be the same way about jumping in with both feet. With the Acacia, though, slower really is better. The EFI Diet should be providing some relief and you'll eventually get up to a dose of Acacia that will help with whatever symptoms are left. And do try the fennel tea - even if you don't enjoy it just think of it as medicine that you have to get down, like Gas-X would be.

As for feeling anxious and out of control, I think that goes along with IBS. As you get better on the Diet and with the Acacia that will subside somewhat, but I think doing the hypno again is an excellent idea.

Take care.

--------------------

#286773 - 10/17/06 10:54 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

The container actually says to start with 1/2 dose two times a day.

Good luck with it!

HTH

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#287507 - 10/23/06 05:36 AM
amos

Thank you for all of your advice. I purchased the Diet kit and have started drinking the fennel tea and reading the book. I appreciate all of the support you receive on this site. It really helps.

Re: Fennel tea new
      #289596 - 11/10/06 07:01 AM
DeeSingleton

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Indiana, USA

OH MY GOSH this stuff is really bad tasting to me. But, after being on it for only 4 days, it really is working for me. Before drinking the tea, I would pretty much eat Gas-X all day long, with no real relief. So, after reading some posts, I decided to try it. I about gagged the first time I drank it, I HATE the taste, but, I have felt great the past few days (I'm pretty stable for months now, just have lots of trouble with gas and lots of bloating). so right now, I'm drinking the tea no matter how bad it is. I have not had a Gas X since starting the tea! I've read some posts about adding honey or orange tea to it to help the taste. I may try it.

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents and say thanks to you all!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 979 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2347

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review