All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Acacia dosage new
      #287298 - 10/20/06 06:17 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

OK, I think in Heather's recommendations you are ok up to 4 tablespoons, and can have whatever amount up to that to stabilize--everyone's amounts vary.

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: You don't take them with snacks?-nt new
      #287299 - 10/20/06 06:21 PM
Lumiere

I don't normally take them with snacks--although if you are going to eat a forbidden food you take your chances! I haven't taken enzymes with stuff like fruit, veg (carrots, celery etc) basically because these are raw foods (enzymes intact) I take them with my cooked meals or something I know I have difficulty digesting. Hope this clarifies!

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

So, I should keep increasing? new
      #287303 - 10/20/06 06:32 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I kind of think increasing is causing increased Constipation.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: So, I should keep increasing? new
      #287338 - 10/21/06 08:51 AM
Lumiere

Everyone is different--and we all take the amount that get us stabilized. You don't need to increase if you feel better with say, 2 tsps a day, or 3 tablespoons a day, or whatever amount UP to 4 tablespoons. I take a total of 3 tsps a day...I found I didn't need any more. Also, you probably are already aware, but you need to break up the dosage, that's why I do 1.5 tsp in a.m. and 1.5 tsp in p.m. You can search acacia dosages and stabilization...there may be more info than I can give you. Good Luck!

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Re: Digestive Enzymes new
      #287342 - 10/21/06 09:02 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I just bought the GNC Multi enzymes last night and took them before dinner. This morning, I forgot to take them before I ate so I took 2 afterwards. Is that pointless or should I still have taken them?

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Re: Digestive Enzymes new
      #287381 - 10/21/06 05:27 PM
Lumiere

No, it wasn't pointless, because they still aid in digestion. They work at their optimum on an empty tummy, though. It helps to remember by keeping them on the table. (I would NEVER remember if they weren't sitting in front of me) or if my signifcant other never reminded me...he's good at that because he sees such a big improvement in my health now!

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Is this the one? new
      #289121 - 11/06/06 10:15 AM
Jordy

Andrew and Lumiere, is this the one you take? GNC

Thanks

--------------------

for Andrew and Lumiere new
      #289174 - 11/06/06 05:12 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I was taking the GNC digestive enzymes and wasn't going to post about it, but as long as the thread came up....Just wanted to ask again....

I started the enzymes at the same time I started Primal Defensea few weeks ago...I know they are 2 different types of supplements used for different reasons. But I wound up stopping both and just going back to the Acacia because I was having so many bowel movements and after a week I gave up b/c the "cleaning me out" was interfering with my life and causing me IBS stress again. So now I'm doing pretty good on the acacia and down the road I may go back to trying the enzymes again. (I know I probably didn't give the PD enough time, but it was really upsettin gmy stomach) Some people sort of answered this already, but since both of you take the GNCs...have they ever caused frequent bms or d? I was thinking maybe I would take them before more difficult to digest foods (not triggers...just maybe when trying to add more new IF in a few weeks). My diet is still pretty safe right now. Thanks.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Acacia and D......or C new
      #289203 - 11/07/06 05:15 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

Jory, I found that when I took too much Acacia I had the opposite problem, more D. I am now taking a bladder pill, Vesicare, and it has caused some C so I've just begun to increase my Acacia to help things along. I now take 1T + 1t twice a day. But I just started to increase last week, no big change yet.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Thanks Franny new
      #289212 - 11/07/06 06:39 AM
Jordy

Let me know if increasing helps the C, okay? I was afraid increasing the fiber was clogging me up more...if that makes sense. Isn't that a possibility? I am drinking enough though.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 325 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25603

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review