All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
No energy...low on nutrients?
      #285920 - 10/10/06 12:58 PM
hms05

Reged: 09/14/06

I've been noticing lately that I've felt like I haven't had any energy. Could I be low on iron or other nutrients?

I've been following the diet and have added some IF foods. How do you get more iron in your diet though? I used to eat much more red meat.

Do you all take multi-vitamins to help boost your nutrients?

Sorry for so many questions

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: No energy...low on nutrients? new
      #285942 - 10/10/06 04:02 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

It's been a long time (May 2005) but I seem to remember that in the very beginning few weeks my energy level really dropped. But I felt so much better bowel wise that I just kept with this program and added some multi-vitamins plus a sub-lingual B-12. The B-12 was actually recommended to help me deal with shingles, just kept taking it. I feel fine these days.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

#285950 - 10/10/06 04:43 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

You should get checked sometime by your doctor for B12 and iron deficiency. I had low B12 and started taking B12 vitamins daily, which didn't seem to harm my stomach. I have since stopped taking them and I'm doing fine with getting enough from my diet.

Some things I do to get more nutrients:
-blend berries into smoothies or eat whole with oatmeal
-lots of veggie soup with really soft-cooked veggies thrown in (along with white pasta or white rice for more SF)
-Luna bars
-fortified soy milk
-eat lots of safe meats like fish, shrimp, chicken & turkey breast

--------------------
Kat

#286079 - 10/11/06 04:40 PM
Strixowl

Reged: 05/26/06

After 3 solid months of "D" (while shuffling between Docs) and before I finally found this site I became very, very weak,had no energy, dehydrated & literally wanted to die. After finding this site and altering my diet, and taking Acacia SF, the "D" slowed down, but I was still very weak (crawled up my stairs). I "slowly" started introducing more IF (Imagine soup is good way) & eating 1 Luna Bar per day. By the end of a week I was sooooo much better. We can't forget the IF & Luna bars are my vitamins still. Good luck. I really do understand.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 691 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 614

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review