All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
dethawed ground turkey, now what?
      #284136 - 09/27/06 08:40 AM
czukster

Reged: 04/07/06

I dethawed some ground turkey but am all out of ideas as to what to do with it for this evening. I'm sick to death of turkey burgers or tacos/burritos. Anyone have any recipe suggestions for me?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: dethawed ground turkey, now what? new
      #284164 - 09/27/06 10:58 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Turkey meatloaf? Turkey meatballs in tomato sauce over spaghetti? How about sweet-and-sour meatballs over rice? I think all of these recipes are in the Recipe Index.

#284174 - 09/27/06 11:54 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

These burgers are awesome (below). Also meatloaf with ketchup mixed with brown sugar on top is good. Put shredded carrot in it. Meatball subs can be safe. Also something called larb which is Thai- ground turkey, fish sauce, hot pepper and lots of citrus juice wrapped in lettuce or napa cabbage with mint on top.

Turkey Burgers with Special Sauce

Serve these great summertime burgers with table grapes for a refreshing and light meal.

1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pound ground turkey breast
Cooking spray
1/2 cup Special Sauce
4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns
4 curly leaf lettuce leaves

Prepare grill.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done.

Spread 2 tablespoons Special Sauce over top half of each bun. Place lettuce leaves on bottom halves of buns; top each with 1 patty and top half of bun. Cut each burger in half.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 burger)

CALORIES 318(21% from fat); FAT 7.3g (sat 1.6g,mono 1.8g,poly 3.3g); PROTEIN 32.5g; CHOLESTEROL 70mg; CALCIUM 73mg; SODIUM 812mg; FIBER 3.6g; IRON 2.8mg; CARBOHYDRATE 31.7g
Cooking Light, JUNE 2006

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#284185 - 09/27/06 12:34 PM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

How about sloppy joes.

http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=recipe&Number=39610&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&vc=1

#284200 - 09/27/06 02:32 PM
czukster

My turkey meatloaf/muffins are both out of this world but also one meal I do alot... I have a recipe for meatballs but was concerned they wouldn't come out right because the recipe said to use a food processor and I don't own one. What do y'all think?

also new
      #284210 - 09/27/06 05:27 PM
Little Minnie

Yes I meant to mention sloppy joes- Not So Sloppy sauce is safe...

How about soup with turkey meatballs or minestrone with turkey? I think I posted a minestrone recipe on the index once.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

depends new
      #284211 - 09/27/06 05:28 PM
Little Minnie

You really cannot chop things as fine as a food processor. However, some recipes call for a food processor just for convenience. Some of the recipes I have made call for it so the recipe will take 30 minutes or whatever.

--------------------

#284243 - 09/28/06 06:56 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm a little late to this, but I make spaghetti sauce and chili with ground turkey. My recipes - and a lot of others - are in the Recipe Index.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#284264 - 09/28/06 08:22 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I make turkey meatballs for with spaghetti, meatloaf, and chili. Tacos, burgers and the rest of the norms too. I have to make a batch of spaghetti sauce soon - the hubby keeps bugging me as I've harvested all the tomatoes from the garden and they are already frozen.

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: also new
      #284822 - 10/01/06 08:30 PM
czukster

We actually made chili with the turkey the other night but I like the sound of a soup. Fall is here folks, get out the crock pots.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 800 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1290

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review