All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Can I eat smoked salmon (lox)?
      #284124 - 09/27/06 07:35 AM
jamnltd

Reged: 09/27/06
Loc: Southern Oklahoma

I am so happy I found this website. I just figured out what is wrong with me and with your help I can figure out what is good for me to eat. I learned the downfalls of coconut oil, hydrogenated palm oil in 1960, when my father has his first of three by-pass surgeries. He is now 90. I have been eating low fat pretty much ever since.

Some things are pretty obvious what not to eat and what to avoid. But, I have two questions. Can I eat smoked salmon (lox)? And, do I have to give up drinking no fat (skim milk) entirely? I love milk, I drink lots of water, no cokes or sodas of any kind(I don't like the carbonation). I do drink coffee (1 cup maybe 2 per day )which if I have to I will give up.

Thanks in advance for your advice. I need all the help I can get.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can I eat smoked salmon (lox)? new
      #284140 - 09/27/06 08:58 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Smoked fish is generally fine for IBS. Heather has several recipes that use it.

Milk and coffee are OUT. Try soy, rice, or almond milk for the former, and rocamojo or soyfee for the latter. If you don't want to give them up forever, try taking a month-long break from them and reintroduce them gradually. You may find out that you feel so much better without them that you can then give them up for good!

--AC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 757 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1557

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review