All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
natural calm, well which one?
      #283447 - 09/21/06 02:05 PM

Unregistered

there are so many http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:7kpE7IrEKywJ:yearstoyourhealth.secure-mall.com/shop/index.php%3Fshop%3D1%26cat%3D129+natural+calm&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=5
has anyone tried Digestion Essentials ?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: natural calm, well which one? new
      #283497 - 09/21/06 08:40 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

You want the one called "Natural Calm Plain" in whatever size you want. I think I bought the 16 oz container for about $22 at Wild Oats. There's got to be somewhere you can find it cheaper. Someone posted a cheaper website sometime this week or last week...

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Lisa Marie.............natural calm, well which one? new
      #283503 - 09/21/06 09:38 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Lisa Marie, How much natural calm are you taking now? Is it still working well for you? How are your BM's? Mine were very large today, very unusual for me. As long as my stool stays soft, I'm OK with large. Have your stool(bm) become larger since you started taking Calm? I'm going to take 2tsp tonight, I was doing 1 1/2 for the last couple of days. I hope I'm not going too fast. What do you think?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Re: Lisa Marie.............natural calm, well which one? IMAO new
      #283841 - 09/25/06 10:27 AM

Unregistered

IMAO, no one is answering me, i don't know which one to buy,i'm asking and giving a link of all the natural calm choices because i wanna know which one to buy, i asked in the first place because i am very C, so no i'm not "going" well.

Re: Lisa Marie.............natural calm, well which one? IMAO new
      #283909 - 09/25/06 06:06 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

the natural calm plain with the bluish label. any size bottle is fine and up to you

Re: Lisa Marie.............natural calm, well which one? new
      #283989 - 09/26/06 09:48 AM
Lisa Marie

sorry for the delay; busy weekend! i am now up to almost 3 teaspoons. but my BMs are all messed up, and probably will be for awhile because I had to start antibiotics yesterday for an infection from a cat bite. UG!! i've spent so much time growing GOOD bacteria, and now they're all going to DIE!! i've been going several times a day now, and it's always like small ribbons... does that make sense? it's really frustrating. but i was C over the weekend so i took NC AND milk of magnesia. i was desperate. sorry i'm not much help! my gut's in a bad place right now...

I found I was able to increase the NC rather quickly; at least 1/2 teaspoon from one night to the next if not more.

HTH,

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

I answered you above several days ago... -nt- new
      #283990 - 09/26/06 09:49 AM
Lisa Marie

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

sorry about the cat bite and antibiotics new
      #284002 - 09/26/06 10:50 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

That's nasty.

How's the Acacia going for you? What dose are you up to? I'm on 8 grams, plus 1 tsp NC, plus 1 T flaxmeal, plus Miralax....and still constipated!!!

I think I may go out on my own again and eat insoluble fiber. I think I was better before the diet. It's helped with pain...but I'd rather not have C, which brings pain anyhow.

My GI doctor works with a dietician who specializes in gut problems and she suggested beans, yogurt, and said there is no one diet for everyone...that we all have to experiment and find our own best foods....including whole grains. My head is spinning...but like I said, I have nothing to lose by trying to eat more whole grain and less white foods, etc.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: sorry about the cat bite and antibiotics new
      #284046 - 09/26/06 03:27 PM
Lisa Marie

yeah, cat bites are nasty!

So far I'm not quite at 2 teaspoons per day (not sure how many grams that is). i stopped increasing while i was playing with the natural calm dosage. didn't want to change too many things at once! i definitely need to increase. i know i need more IF, b/c of the C, but eating more IF gives me gas! UGH!! and beano is unreliable. so, i'm diligently working on increasing my acacia now.

i definitely think you need to increase the natural calm. i take about 3 teaspoons each night, on top of the calcium/mag supplement i take during the day. that will help!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

jordy... new
      #284062 - 09/26/06 05:22 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

a while back i posted my daily diet, you may well want to try the way i eat, its really high in IF and between my diet and my supplements i go approx 2 times a day most days now, so might be worth a shot.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2640 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2093

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review