All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Got a question anyone
      #283442 - 09/21/06 01:31 PM
dolls

Reged: 09/20/06
Loc: New Jersey

I miss my coffee terrible even de caf, anyone else missing it also, if so is there anything else that helps tea just doesn't wake me up?

--------------------
I sell artist dolls

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Got a question anyone new
      #283449 - 09/21/06 02:11 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I miss my coffee too! However, about 3 years ago I realized that like it or not I had to stop drinking tea and coffee because it caused too much pain. The problem I had was finding a beverage that I could drink hot or cold. Eventually I found fennel tea. It taste good at all temperatures. I buy bags of fennel seed from the grocery store (about $2.00 for 250 grams). I put 5-6 teaspoons in a tea strainer placed in a medium sized tea pot and let it steep for 10 minutes or so. If I don't finish the pot on a given day I warm it up the next day.

Fennel tea sure doesn't give me the jolt that my morning coffee did. Oh well - less pain

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#283462 - 09/21/06 03:27 PM
dolls

Thank for answering I agree must give up coffee but it isn't easy..................your suggestions are wonderful thank you Janet

--------------------
I sell artist dolls

#283546 - 09/22/06 08:50 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06

I'm really having a hard time with the coffee thing too but it's easy to suspect coffee as Heather says...yet I think I'm in denial. Anyway, I did lots of research on this site about replacements b/c I really dislike tea. If you can stand tea...then it seems to be great for a lot of people. On the other hand, I just ordered something called "Soyfee" and am awaiting its arrival. No caffeine for the morning jolt but it supposedly has a strong flavor like coffee (soyfee.com)...then there is something called Rocomojo (soy) which others say is milder and doesn't taste as much like coffee. But both have all different flavors (mocha, french vanilla, etc.) so I'm hoping one of them will satisfy my craving. Yes...it's so difficult to give up the things we love...I'm still trying to "like" the soy milk and rice milk. But I guess it's worth it if we want to feel better...kind of like a diabetic who cannot have that piece of cake...

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

soyfee new
      #283553 - 09/22/06 09:07 AM
vls

Reged: 06/27/06
Loc: Central Ohio

I second the soyfee. I was so surprised it tasted so much like coffee. No caffiene of course, but it kills my coffee cravings.

Teecino new
      #283559 - 09/22/06 10:28 AM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I switched to Teecino. It took me a while to adjust but then I began liking the Vanilla Nut Teecino I bought. It brews just like coffee but I like it kind of weak. It does boost my energy (or my imagination!) but it does have lots of potassium in it. There are other flavors too. I bought it in a health food store.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Re: soyfee new
      #283569 - 09/22/06 12:18 PM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

I find it quite like coffee also.It has a nice brewed taste. I like the house blend and mocha as closest to coffee and I put a nip of cinnamon which seems to tilt it more coffee too. Haven't tried rocamojo.

#283611 - 09/22/06 08:37 PM
dolls

If you get the product ( coffee) and like it pls do me a favor and email me direct, I want coffee I am missing it so much even de caf that I am getting headaches I would love to try anything that is similiar to coffee, if you like the product you ordered pls pls email me at
BillyButtonsDolls@comcast.net
my name is Janet Thank you

--------------------
I sell artist dolls

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 860 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 940

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review