All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Wine
      #283059 - 09/19/06 02:27 PM
hms05

Reged: 09/14/06

Can anyone tolerate wine? I enjoy the occasional glass of wine and *seem* to do okay with it.

I'm pretty stable at the moment but still worry about attacks. Heck, don't we all??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wine new
      #283061 - 09/19/06 03:11 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I have a glass of homemade red wine after supper every night. I make my wine from fresh grape juice that comes directly from the vinyard in 22 litre pails. I am too lazy to crush the grapes so I buy juice. I don't add yeast - I let the nature yeast in the wine do the fermenting.

I never make wine from a kit. I don't drink commercial wine or wine made from a kit.

If I am having a bad IBS day I reduce my intact to 1/3 of a glass of wine. I am a strong believer in the medicinal propers of red wine

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#283070 - 09/19/06 04:03 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I absolutely cannot tolerate grape wine at all and don't do well with grapes (I refer to uncooked wine). I tried mead a couple weeks ago and had none of the usual problems that I have with wine. I think wine is very dangerous to IBS (uncooked).

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#283073 - 09/19/06 04:16 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I drink it all the time. I have never had a problem with it.

#283080 - 09/19/06 05:20 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

No problems with it here! If you're going to try....try 1/2 a glass and call it an evening. See how that goes.

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#283168 - 09/20/06 10:05 AM
Knewada

Reged: 11/07/05
Loc: Ohio

Mead is wonderful. Mead is, historicaly, reported to be the mother of wine. There are as many if not more veriaties as grape wines. Mead popularity is slowly regaining its once wide spread acceptence.

People seem to have more trouble with red wines than white. You may also want to look at sulfur content as a triger.

--------------------
If one end don’t get yah, the other will.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 375 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1168

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review