All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Question about nuts and seeds for Miso or anybody else that knows...
      #283012 - 09/19/06 08:53 AM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

I really need to know if seeds, like pumpkin and sunflower and nuts, like almonds and hazel nuts are IF or SF ??
I been eating some for a couple of days now and want to know if It's ok to eat them daily and wont make C or cause my stool to get hard.

Thank you for the help you always offer.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

IF new
      #283018 - 09/19/06 09:07 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Check out this list of insoluble fiber. insoluble fiber There is another list of the soluble fibers.

Everything on IBS that I read says nuts and seeds are bad for IBS...very hard to digest. I don't trust them and only eat ground flax and nut butters.

I don't know what it would do to my stool, but I think it would really cramp me up.

Miso does fine with them, though.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: IF new
      #283046 - 09/19/06 12:16 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Did you want them to be IF, Abi? How are you doing with them so far? Are you eating a lot of them?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Question about nuts and seeds for Miso or anybody else that knows... new
      #283049 - 09/19/06 12:40 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Generally speaking seeds and nuts are high in IF.
Quote:

Finely grinding nuts and adding them to a soluble fiber foundation is an easy and safe way to incorporate another very healthy variety of insoluble fiber

http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/faq.asp

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Jordy, I need to know about higher IF fruits/Veg. new
      #283050 - 09/19/06 12:40 PM
Abigail

Jordy, I been eating about a handful of seeds and some nuts for a couple of days. I really like them and they are high in fat as I need. I didn't get pain from eating them, but is too early to know yet. My stool was better(softer/loose)yesterday than it was today, but I don't if the seeds/nuts would help keep my stool soft/loose. That's my main concern. Some foods(like with flour, chips, white rice) harden my stool and make my C very painful. I just don't know if seeds would do that to me. I hope and pray they don't. If any of you know pleas let me know.

Are you still taking Mag. Calm? If so, how much are taking? Does help you? I have been taking 1 tsp, but I want to increase to 2 or 3 tsp tonight. What do you think?

Thank you for your advice in your prior post. What kind of fruits and vegetable are higher in IF so I can try them.

Thank you so much !!!!

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Re: Jordy, I need to know about higher IF fruits/Veg. new
      #283052 - 09/19/06 12:44 PM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

Abi,

I can't tolerate nuts at all. They make my C and my spasms/gas worse. They are very hard to digest. So be cautious with them...go slowly.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Re: Mary V , I need to know about higher IF fruits/Veg. new
      #283104 - 09/19/06 08:24 PM
Abigail

Thank you Mary V,

I went to the Whole Food store today and was trying to find a book all about IF and SF, but there was none:-( I know that seeds are IF, so how come they cause you C??? Very confusing

Blessings YSIC,
Abi

--------------------

#283105 - 09/19/06 08:24 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

they are mostly IF i think, i eat them every day many times, i have hemp seeds in my cereal, almond butter with fruits for snack, sunflower or pumkin with lunch, hemp with carrots for snack, sunflower of pumpkin with dinner and walnuts with bedtime snack. I don't eat more than a TBSP at a time though to keep thefat spread out. I say eat away, as long as you seem to be digesting it well, if there are big seeds in your poop you are chewing properly.
ps, how do you like the digest gold, i just bought some after using a canadian companies brand for the last while, we shall see, not cheap though.

#283109 - 09/19/06 09:21 PM
Abigail

Miso, I went to Whole Food store and the lady that was helping me recommended I take Aloe Vera Juice to help keep my stool soft/loose. I bought 100% Aloe Juice and would like to have before going to bed. What do you think about Aloe? Have you tried it?

Digest Gold worked fine for me, I guess. I didn't feel any difference from other ones I taken before. Too much money for a small bottle

I been eating the seeds and some nuts for about 3 days now, I hope they work for me as they do for you. I also bought a few organic vegetables and ate some raw carrots and broccoli today and so far so good. I hope that helps me more with C.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you!

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Re: Mary V , I need to know about higher IF fruits/Veg. new
      #283113 - 09/20/06 04:12 AM
Mary_V

Reged: 05/09/06
Loc: Grandville, MI

I don't know why they would cause C for me. But, as Heather says, sometimes too much IF can cause C...it causes the spasms and that locks up your intestines. I don't know why nuts are such a problem for me. I wish they weren't. But I can't even handle natural peanut butter. The day after eating it I feel AWFUL. Nuts and nut butters give me horrible spasms...which leads to the C. Maybe my stomach just can't handle that kind of IF. But if they work for you that's great.

--------------------
~Mary
Had surgery for rectal prolapse in Sept. '06 and feeling good now! Loving life with our IVF miracle #1.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 461 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12010

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review