All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: What type of nuts and seeds do you eat? new
      #283544 - 09/22/06 08:40 AM
kalosis

Reged: 08/20/06

I know you have similar issues as me with constipation but for me nuts don't effect the degree but make me feel bloated and nauses. I'm ok with spreads like pb though. There really isn't that much fiber though in nuts like 2 grams per serving not sure of if though. This diet is still really confusing.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What type of nuts and seeds do you eat? new
      #283572 - 09/22/06 12:30 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Jody, so far seeds and nuts are treating me good. I eat pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, hazelnut with raisins and dry fruits and berries. I buy them at the Whole Food store. I eat about a handful. I can't remember the fat grams, but I need to gain weight so I don't worry about that too much.

Are you still taking the Mag.Calm? I been increasing, I'm to 2 tsp. I also have been eating black beans for dinner and my BM(stool) are bigger than ever. Do you think is the beans or the Mag.Calm? I'm going to try Lima beans next to see what happens.

God bless you today and everyday,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Thanks...glad you can eat them new
      #283600 - 09/22/06 07:19 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I'm not worried about gaining weight from the fat...just that we are suppose to be on a low fat diet for IBS. Fat is suppose to be a big trigger. Isn't it a trigger for you?

I do still take the Calm. I only take 1 tsp though, because I also take Miralax. But not even the Calm and Miralax is relieving the C totally...so I may go up on the Calm and I have to eat more IF and lay off the SF more.

I think you are probably being helped by both the Calm and the beans. Are you eating; a lot of beans at one time? Did you have to work up to a dose? I've tried pureed black beans but I'm afraid not to puree them. Do you puree them? I also have tried lentils. I need to eat more beans, I think....but they give me bloat and gas. But, I'd rather have that than C...With C, you get gas and bloat anyhow!

I see you post on ibsgroup. Are you going to try the free lax that Spasman is using? I want to give him more time to see if the effects last. Most things for me work in the beginning and then stop.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Did you start the aloe yet?-nt new
      #283602 - 09/22/06 07:21 PM
Jordy

--------------------

Thank you! new
      #283603 - 09/22/06 07:23 PM
Jordy

Have you found anything to help your C? Are you following the EFI diet or taking anything that helps you?

--------------------

Re: Thanks...glad you can eat them new
      #283608 - 09/22/06 08:08 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Jordy, I only eat the good fat, like olive oil and flax oil. It's good for you and your body needs it. I use lots of olive oil over my dinner and salad.

I didn't know you were taking Miralax. How much and how long you been taking it? Do you ever use MOM? That's the only thing I take as I need. My GI doc gave me some Zelnrom to try back in Dec., but I never took it, I'm still trying to get better without taking medicines. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I want to take it, maybe one day I may have to.

I eat about 1/2 cup of beans with my dinner, plus my lentil soup. I cooked some Lima beans tonight, so will see about my BM tomorrow and the next day. I always make enough to last for a few days. I never puree them, but I pressure cook them until they are very soft. I always get bloated no matter what I eat, that's one of my big issues.

What's your name on the ibsgroup? I might buy that device, I hope it keeps working for Spasman.

When are you going to post your picture here?

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Re: Aloe isn't suppose to be safe! new
      #283619 - 09/23/06 07:48 AM
mandi1655

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: ny, usa

Aloe can be very safe and helpful. If the latex is removed from the plant it becomes safe. Its the latex that is such a strong, troblesome laxative. I drink georges distilled aloe juice. It tastes like water and seems to be helping.

--------------------
I choose to be a person living with a disease, not a diseased person.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2402 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12116

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review