Loc: Orlando,FL

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Abi new
      #283221 - 09/20/06 12:25 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I don't want to influence you...I probably shouldn't have given my opinion. It's just the word aloe alone sends alarms for me!

Do what you think is best. Have you asked your GI doc?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Digest Gold new
      #283225 - 09/20/06 12:29 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05

I think the enzymatic works better for me somehow, plus I think they are less expensive and that's always a good thing. I take two with my breakfast 3 caps with my breakfast and 3 more with my dinner. I usually don't take any with my snacks.

Do you take yours with snacks?

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------

Re: Abi new
      #283228 - 09/20/06 12:37 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05

Jody I always appreciate your input, advice, help, opinion, support, info and more!!!!!! Don't worry, be happy

Blessings ALWAYS,
Abi

p.s. Ask you doctor about Aloe Juice please and let me know what he says. Thank you!

--------------------

#283298 - 09/20/06 06:25 PM
Jordy

Not usually. I usually forget...plus they are expensive to be taking all the time. I think I will try your brand next. I don't take as many as you either. Only 2 at the most. I only take 1 with the Renew life with breakfast and lunch. I take 2 Digest Gold with dinner. Maybe I need more?

--------------------

Re: Aloe isn't suppose to be safe! new
      #283301 - 09/20/06 06:30 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

it should be fine, th eone i know is super safe is george's roadrunner and th ebonus is it is so purified that it tastes like water. Give it a whirl on a weekend, worst comes to worse it give you D, sometimes its just trial and error to be honest.

Oh thanks! new
      #283302 - 09/20/06 06:30 PM
Jordy

I will ask my doc tomorrow...if I see him. I'm thinking of cancelling because I'm sort of going through other stuff right now and don't know if I can handle the ordeal of dealing with a doctor who is probably going to frustrating. Ya know what I mean? Or do you have a patient doctor?

If I do cancel, I probably won't get another appointment for a month at least.

--------------------

#283303 - 09/20/06 06:33 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

i might be odd but i take 10 a day, yes its expensive but i really feel good doing it, i take 3 with breakfast since i take my fish oil then, 1 with each of my 3 snacks and 2 with my two other meals. I take future formulation forte, but may try the renew life ultra since it seems the digest gold is quite expensive. I know some people who take 25 enzymes a day with and without food, when they are on an empty stomach they help fight inflammation ini the body.

Abi...I asked him about aloe new
      #283535 - 09/22/06 08:03 AM
Jordy

He said that no one really knows the long term effects of anything on the bowels. He never commits himself to any definitive answer. He tells me to eat whatever I want to eat, take fiber if I want, take senna if I want, see a GI surgeon if I want. Take Miralax if I want...or not...take zelnorm or that new drug for C if I want, double up on my meds if I want....UGH.

You have to go to medical school to tell a patient to do whatever the heck they want and not inform them of any potential consequence? I don't think this is right. I'm deciding to pass on the aloe...just from what I've read on the boards. It's expensive and I don't know that it will even help. I don't want to take the chance of harming my body.

If you do take it, let me know how it goes. And if you ask your doctor, tell me what he thinks, okay?

Blessings!

--------------------

What type of nuts and seeds do you eat? new
      #283537 - 09/22/06 08:05 AM
Jordy

How are they treating you, Abi? Do you take them after an SF? How much do you take? How many grams fat is it? I need, need, need to increase my IF.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4788 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12113

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review