All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
Re: I miss pooping. :o( new
      #28444 - 11/22/03 08:37 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

shanna try takeing alo vera juice. it taste and looks like water. just dont drink so much of it. just read the directions on container. george washington is on the name of the brand. its in health stores. hope this helps you jasper.

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#28462 - 11/23/03 06:23 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Have you ever tried magnesium supplements? Being a D gal myself, I stick with calcium supplements, but I've seen the C-ers talking about magnesium. There are past posts on it if you want to do a search.

Mags, Jasper, other board friends: Thanks! new
      #28468 - 11/23/03 07:31 AM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

Thanks for all of your advice! I am doing a lot better... I pooped today for the first time in a week! The Jaro-Dophilus EPS seemed to really help, as did the NOW eneric coated peppermint capsules with fennel, chamomile, and ginger. Both were pretty cheap. )

I knew Magnesium was a natural laxative... I didn't know about Aloe Vera, however! Interesting...

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Congratulations! new
      #28487 - 11/23/03 10:55 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Glad you're feeling better!

Re: wheat and yogurt? new
      #28526 - 11/23/03 01:44 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Have you been tested for Celiac? Wheat probs are usually not IBS related...there may be something else there. If you want any info. on Celiac, let me know...I'm going down this road myself right now and I'd be happy to help in any way I can!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#28558 - 11/23/03 05:19 PM
Shanna

what are the symptoms of celiac? I have constipation and chronic tendonitis in my joints..

--------------------

#28603 - 11/23/03 08:54 PM
kctrun

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: Virginia

I just wanted to say that I love the first topic of this link. I miss poop too! It has been way too long! I am rather ibs and posting on a message board, it has been a year of being misdiagnosed and finding out for myself what was going on. There is so much advise out there that I am a bit confunsed on what to try, but am willing to try it all. As of today I started Heathers diet, drink all the suggested teas, drink aloe, take citricil, exercise daily, and drink plenty of water. Plus I ordered the Acacia fiber. My life is rather low stress, aside from not having regular movements anymore. Is there anything else that one would suggest for a beginner like me too make sure and not forget? I am just glad that I found this site and so hopefully that I can get through this.
thanks

One more thing... new
      #28605 - 11/23/03 10:03 PM
Shanna

Buy some Jaro-Dophilus EPS at a health food store. Take two in the morning on an empty stomach and two before bed or before dinner--which ever works best for you. Keep refrigerated. They WILL make you poop. )

Also, drinking hot liquids first thing when you get up, and eating a small breakfast after you have downed a couple of glasses of hot tea, = pooping. I love the mornings -- they are my pooping time! I get up an hour early for tea, banana or pumpkin bread, and pooping. ahhha. )

Just make sure you take your probiotics (such as Jaro-Dophilus EPS) without hot liquids... the high temperatures kill the good flora in them. I usually take them w/ metamucil first thing when I wake up, and have my tea about 15 min later. Whatever works for you... hope the tea and probiotics help you... they, along with fiber supp's, are my saving grace!!!!!!! I really like Colon Care fiber capsules, as well... I take them before lunch and dinner.

I also take papaya enzymes after meals to aid in the digestion of food in the stomach... good luck!!!!

--------------------

Re: One more thing... new
      #28622 - 11/24/03 03:56 AM
kctrun

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: Virginia

thanks, I will make sure to get that asap!

#28684 - 11/24/03 12:35 PM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

Only able to be online here briefly for now, but will write more later b/c this post is exactly where I'm at in more ways than I can count re: trying to have a complete BM on a daily basis

It just doesn't make sense to me that I can feel so distended w/ "poop" but it won't come out! VERY FRUSTRATING!!

More later, but have one quick ? right now:
Jasper: how much aloe vera juice, how many times per day and do you take it daily?

Thanks, I'll be back later to share in this very useful thread....which will hopefully gather as many ideas as possible that severe C-IBSers have found to be of benefit to get the "poop" out!!! LL

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1334 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 85648

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review