All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
Re: Is exercise an option? new
      #28342 - 11/21/03 08:54 PM
LillibetM

Reged: 10/22/03

I also sit in a hot bath, in fact we just put in a theraputic jacuzzi type tub, and I do that every day... something else is going on, where not even exercise, water, and soluble fibre helps.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: wheat and yogurt? new
      #28343 - 11/21/03 08:59 PM
LillibetM

You sound like my twin! It's spooky . I also developed a problem with dairy and wheat this year. Just out of the blues. I'm now on a wheat free/gluten diet (put myself on it), and this helps with the bloating to some extent. Try eliminating wheat or dairy and see what happens if you're bloating and gassy. There are lots of nice things you could make to replace breads (Arrowhead Mills) have some nice mixes with rice flour (I use the brown rice as the white rice causes even more constipation).

#28345 - 11/21/03 09:04 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

You know I know water is great for us and we should consume at least 8 glasses a day, but it can also cause constipation in some people. (Don't stop drinking water) Maybe adding things in fruit category that you can tolerate.
Cranberry drink from Heather's book, you get the water and some juice all in one. Certain stretches can help constipation. Try some of the yoga board positions. I know Iif I don't go for more than 2 days I feel yucky, soo I add a little more insoluble food to my diet carefully and I seem to get going again. I'm D prone, but right now stable. So I watch my fluid intake and insoluble intake very carefully.
Hope you get going again soon...

Re: wheat and yogurt? new
      #28350 - 11/21/03 10:33 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

i will give it a try -- something has to give. thanks chicarita.

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Seperated at Birth! new
      #28351 - 11/21/03 10:35 PM
Shanna

WOW, YOU ARE MY TWIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you find that stress and schedule changes are a major factor in your constipation? What is the longest you have gone w/ no bowel mov't? I have gone into the months before... back in the old days.

--------------------

#28352 - 11/21/03 10:36 PM
Shanna

I have found that hot tea first thing in the a.m. helps. I have "pooping time" on the weekends. I drink tea for hours and have a light breakfast... really clears me out. lol.

--------------------

#28361 - 11/21/03 11:22 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

I take 2 Colace a day, works for me! It's non-habit forming since it's not a laxative, it's a stool softener. The days I don't take it are the days I don't go

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: Seperated at Birth! new
      #28367 - 11/22/03 06:59 AM
LillibetM

I've gone like two weeks, sometimes into three and ended up in hospital several times with a blockage. Hey, if you want, you can write me at looktrouble@yahoo.com and we can share tips and stories

Stress doesn't make that much of a difference. My colon just does whatever it wants, even when I'm on vacation and relaxed near a beach! Sometimes I just want to ask them to take it out and be done with it...

#28368 - 11/22/03 07:02 AM
LillibetM

You're so funny with this 'pooping time' thing. I'm having hot tea right now. I see you're in Austin. I stayed there a couple of hours on my way to Mexico, and loved the city.

#28370 - 11/22/03 07:06 AM
LillibetM

Water can cause constipation??? Are you serious? I am always sort of dehydrated and must carry water with me everywhere I go... I drink more than the 8 glasses a day, more like 24! I'm always thirsty (not diabetic). I eat lots of fruits and you're right, insoluble would make me go, but supposedly that's what causes the bloating and gas... I can't eat whole wheat products anymore, or anthing like raisin bran. I do yoga as well. I'm telling you, if I could take my colon out on my own, I would!!! :-)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 220 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 85651

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review