All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
one thought new
      #30299 - 12/06/03 08:50 AM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

since you are up early, you could go for walk and do some crunches (after pooping, of course). this may help your morning movements, as well as your bowel movements in general. good luck!!!

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Shanna-Txs soooo much for all the ideas& support!! new
      #30305 - 12/06/03 10:42 AM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

I started aloe vera gel yesterday 2oz twice during the day.Nothing came out but I could feel lots of activity going on in there! No cramps or gas, just gurgling away!

Ended up having to do an enema so no BM today, which is normal for me the morning after an enema, but my colon does feel better than it normally does after an enema.So, I think that the aloe is helping to move things along and I'm going to take 2 ozs twice today again. I'm hoping that tomorrow [Sunday] AM it will be heavenly!

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Re: Shanna-Txs soooo much for all the ideas& support!! new
      #30308 - 12/06/03 11:33 AM
Paula Girl

Reged: 11/21/03

Paula- what were you going to write?? Re: Shanna-Txs soooo much for all the ideas& support!! new
      #30310 - 12/06/03 11:53 AM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

playing detective new
      #30315 - 12/06/03 12:41 PM
evie

Reged: 11/22/03

Hmmm. Reading your post, I noticed something. Just these past few weeks I've also been extra extended, and often, bowel movements just won't happen. I've been attacking this from all angles (exercise, water, fiber, tea, heat compress, etc), and nothing seems to work...BUT I noticed you're taking benefiber, and I just recently started taking it, too. Each serving has about 3g soluble fiber (and my diet isn't exactly lacking in fiber) I laid off oatmeal because I thought it was making me gassy and bloated, and oatmeal also has 3g of fiber. So, basically, I'm wondering if the problem is that we're getting more fiber at once than our body can handle? I've started to back off a little and use fiber with more care (a little goes a long way!) and already I feel a little less bloated. I suggest you play around with your doses of fiber and see what works best for you. I'll let you know if I get some relief soon. You do the same. Feel better!

*evie

Re: Debby-how bad was your constipation?Has the acacia helped you to poop well? new
      #30356 - 12/06/03 08:14 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Actually my main problem was diarrhea but I could also have constipation in the same day. So I think the Acacia works to eliminate both problems at once. I only get really constipated if I end up taking an Immodium to get the diarrhea to stop. So it's a battle in my head of what to do - take the stomach drugs or wait for the diarrhea to stop eventually. Hope this has helped but from what I have read, the acacia should also help with chronic constipation and remember to drink lots of water.

Re: playing detective new
      #30359 - 12/06/03 08:25 PM
Shanna

fiber makes you gassy and bloated when you are constipated... and often in general while your body adjusts. once you are "cleaned out" and more regular, fiber should be beneficial.

best,
shanna

--------------------

hi new
      #30360 - 12/06/03 08:30 PM
Shanna

it is definitely ok to use an enema or milk of magnesia if necessary. hopefully, we can figure out how to help you have a bowel movement on your own. are you keeping a journal of everything you eat, how it affects you, the supplements you take, " " " ", as well as logging your exercise? these could be clues. also, are you using a probiotic and drinking tea first thing in the a.m.? do you eat breakfast? how much sleep do you get each night/when do you go to bed and wake up?

let me know if the aloe vera helps you... and if you decide to give lemon juice a try. keep in mind, if you are backed up, a lot of effective treatments may be ineffective.

your very welcome -- i am here to help you guys -- just like ya'll help me. so thanks to ya'll, too!

--------------------

Re: FLU SHOT?!?! And what helped me... new
      #30391 - 12/07/03 07:15 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Flu shots...I read somewhere that they can do more harm than good. Anyone else hear that? I think the article said that the injection they give can cause allergic reactions or it can make you sick...

Shanna, I thought I was the only person on Earth that poops best during their period! LOL Isn't it the greatest?

What is cocoa yogurt...I've never seent his. Who makes it? How do you eat your fruit for dessert? Is it cooked or raw?

How many hours before bed do you eat? My hubby gets home at around 6:30-7pm so I end up finishing dinner not long before bed...maybe 2.5 hours at most. I find this to be tough on my IBS. It sounds like you get 4-5 hours in between your last meal of the day and going to sleep at night? Good for you!

Thanks for all these wonderful tidbits!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Flu Shot? new
      #30412 - 12/07/03 10:05 AM
Shanna

I am getting my flu shot on Tuesday -- hopefully I can get some more info. a/b it before then.

I try to get a good 3 to 4 hours in btw dinner and bed... but I know that life doesn't always coincide w/ our schedules. However, the later you eat, the harder it is to digest your food... so I try not to eat too late. I have also heard that eating late at night is linked to weight gain b/c your body stores more fat while you sleep, plus the extra calories in general (snacking to make it to a late night dinner or late night snacking after the dinner). The second part is definitely true... flashback to freshman year!

This month, my best poops came during ovulation. It looks like my period may lead to constipation. DARN! LOL

As for cocoa yogurt, I mix in 4 T of cocoa powder (I use SACO) w/ 1 -- 6 oz container (3/4 C) of vanilla yogurt (I use Cascade Fresh or Stoneybrook Farms or a soy version). I always make sure to mix it REALLY well, and I usually top it with Cool Whip or Hip Wip (both dairy free) and throw some sliced bananas and whole rasberries (both uncookied) on top. I really like the way it all tastes together! If you only have plain yogurt, just mix 3/4c w/ 1 t vanilla and 1 T sugar (more if necessary... same goes for the original recipe). Let me know what you think...

I also eat fruit after any meal -- usually lunch -- expecially apples and pears. I often eat bananas on an empty stomach (they have a soluble fiber base).

Hope I answered all your questions!

Love,
Shanna

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 321 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 85627

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review