All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)
Re: I can't believe all the people reading the I miss pooping topic new
      #30240 - 12/05/03 03:28 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi Shanna, You are bringing up a topic that I think we all think about but of course never talk about. Thanks for being so open! Glad to hear you are feeling better

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I know what you mean....it's the daily question in my life.......what will my colon do today???? new
      #30257 - 12/05/03 05:15 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

you girls are right down my alley.two days I don,t an then the next day I do.an I run run,glad I have two bath rooms one at both ends of my house.has any one tryed the new Acacia? I,m glad I,m not the only one to talk about popping.
I,ll turn into you girls more often.can,t cook but sure can pop.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Pooping.///// new
      #30260 - 12/05/03 05:34 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

ok girls my spelling isn,t very good but pop an pooping to me is about the same any more.you pop an you poop.but I,m so happy to see I,m not the only one.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Re: I can't believe all the people reading the I miss pooping topic new
      #30268 - 12/05/03 08:18 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

IT IS SOOOO RIDICULOUS!

Re: I know what you mean....it's the daily question in my life.......what will my colon do today???? new
      #30286 - 12/06/03 06:24 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I just started using the Acacia a few weeks ago and I am so happy with the results so far. Plus I have increased my water intake by double and have noticed that has helped a lot (just be prepared to pee a lot!). You can do a search or read Heather's latest newsletter because she did a whole section on Acacia and how it works.

Re: I miss pooping. :o( new
      #30287 - 12/06/03 06:38 AM
flower

Reged: 10/09/03

thats no good at all. belly rubs! they alwasy work for me within about 1-2 hours. get some baby oil or olive oil or whatever u fancy and rub in clockwise direction (so u go down from ur left and up from ur rite side) start of nice and easy then get really into it. u'll probably also find wher ur poo gets stuck!
try it, let me know how u go
xxxxxx

Debby-how bad was your constipation?Has the acacia helped you to poop well? new
      #30291 - 12/06/03 08:30 AM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

I'm using benefiber and citrucel these days for a total of 8-10 gms per day so my stool is much softer and well formed than it's ever been in years. However it still doesn't want to come out!

Has the acacia helped you to actually have better peristalsis so that you have a strong complete evacuation and thus feel adequately cleaned out every day? My main problem most of the time these days is that I will have one good poop but then there is more that just won't come out. Then the poop that remains "stuck" in me [ despite taking up to an hour doing abdominal massage, yoga postions and using hot tea] makes me increasingly uncomfortable the rest of the day!

Then I don't sleep well that night and, I guess b/c I haven't slept well, I don't poop well the next day. Then I have to do an enema b/c I'm so plugged up that I can't think straight b/c I'm so distracted by the discomfort and distention. SOOOO, I'm tryiig to figure out how to get that second part of my BM out. I wonder if the acacia would help????

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

FLU SHOT?!?! And what helped me... new
      #30293 - 12/06/03 08:33 AM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

Oh, no! I am scheduled for one next week. I will let you guys know if it affects my pooping. Hope yours gets better soon! I haven't tried aloe vera juice... but let us know if it helps you. I have tried organic lemon juice (bought in a glass bottle), which seemed to be moderately effective... sometimes... like you said, our colons contract when they feel like it!

I have found that not eating late at night; eating fruit and cocoa yogurt for dessert, right after din din; taking probiotics a/b 3 - 4 hrs after dinner, before bed, reading lables carefully (i.e. no lactose/milk proteins); and, finally, gettting up early for tea, breakfast, and pooping all helped me.

Once again, my hormones play a big role. I am ovulating right now, and for some reason this means BIG poops. I am having OH so much fun... lol

BEST,
Shanna

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

fiber new
      #30295 - 12/06/03 08:36 AM
Shanna

i use citrucel first thing in the a.m. and swallow four fiber caplets before dinner (Colon Health brand, I think). I agree -- lots of H20 is important.

--------------------

suggestions new
      #30296 - 12/06/03 08:39 AM
Shanna

it is o.k. to use an enema or milk of magnesia to get you back on track if nothing else will work...

try taking probiotics in the a.m. (empty tummy,not w/ hot drinks) and before bed, as well as drinking tea (hot) when you wake up (stimulates your bowel).

just keep trying different things -- don't give up!! you will poop again -- and well -- i promise. it is a long road of experimentation, but, in the end you will be able to help others w/ your newfound knowledge and have great poops!!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1867 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 85650

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review