All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
acacia takers...really no taste/texture?
      #282710 - 09/17/06 06:30 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I've only been taking Fibercon for about a week and it is such a big horse pill. I suppose it is working a bit...along with the diet but I'm having some gas pains while adjusting. Anyhow, I'm thinking maybe I should try Acacia or an otc powder but I'm really grossed out by lots of tastes (I'm trying my best to keep down soy milk and rice milk...yuk! it's just no the same!) so I was wondering if Acacia really has NO taste or texture as it claims. I would probably be able to handle mixing it in oatmeal in the mornings but my concern is the rest of the day and evening. I don't drink any of the teas...I ordered Soyfee to try and replace my coffee so if I like that, I could probably mix it in there. But besides water, what else does everyone use? Also, I was wondering if anyone ever heated up the chocolate rice milk or chocolate soy to make an instant "hot chocolate?" I thought maybe I could do this in the morning to start my day with a warm cup of something (not tea) ...or would that be too much sugar on an empty stomach? (didn't buy the chocolate flavor yet) Thanks

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: acacia takers...really no taste/texture? new
      #282722 - 09/17/06 08:02 PM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

Yes, it really has no taste/texture! I mix it with oatmeal just fine, never know it's there. I tried mixing it with cold water once and it clumped up; that's the only time it didn't work with what I was mixing it into.

Good luck.

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

#282728 - 09/17/06 08:12 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

No taste and it can be mixed into almost anything.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#282927 - 09/18/06 05:53 PM
Jez

Reged: 04/10/04

Dont worry aboiut sugar too much, it's nopt a problem, just amake sure you've had some sf first.
As 4 soy milks, i know how you feel, but stick wiv em and eventually i got used to it, and i like it as much as i used to "LOVE!" cows milk. Except choose a good brand. I have one t5hat is called vitasoiy so milky and it has the closest taste to normal milk... others are just downright digusting.

here's a bunch of suggestions heather gave in one of her newsletters. it's down the bottom of the letter.
http://www.helpforibs.com/news/newsletter/06/072506.html

--------------------
Who is Lord of this world? Jesus is. Now what will you do?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1474 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 536

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review