All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I'm frustrated
      #282146 - 09/13/06 10:03 PM
kcj44

Reged: 03/23/03
Loc: Elk Grove, CA

Hi! I have't posted in awhile, but since my IBS has been acting up lately, I thought I would post on here. I am frustrated as I am finding I am having problems with most of the foods I eat. I can mostly only eat pasta, rice, potatoes, squash, some fish, chikcen(plain), and rice krispies. Baked Lays, and rice crackers are okay too. No Dairy, spicy, greasy, fiber foods. I read the diets that people are trying, but most of the foods listed I can not tolerate. It is getting so frustrating, that I get down and break down crying. I am sceduled to see a GI doctor again, to find out why I am unable to tolorate all other foods.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks for listening.

Karen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm frustrated new
      #282149 - 09/13/06 10:26 PM

Unregistered

I'm having the same problem. I don't have any advice for you, just to let you know you aren't alone. I'm on the same exact foods you are on. Everytime I try to test one of the foods others try I'm doubled over and I get the IBS-C. Let us know what your GI doctor says. I'm sorry you're flaring again.
Lainey

#282309 - 09/14/06 04:45 PM
Jez

Reged: 04/10/04

What diets did you read?

Most of us never eat dairy or greasy food, It's guaranteed to upset us. As for fibre your eating heaps of it. Everything you eat is high in soluble fibre (thats the good stuff for us), thats why you can eat that stuff. It's the rough insoluble fibre we can't handle.

Any help i can give you i'll be happy to give
jez

--------------------
Who is Lord of this world? Jesus is. Now what will you do?

#282336 - 09/15/06 05:30 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Hey Karen,

We all go through times when we can't eat anything, even our stable foods.

If you are really struggling with food, I suggest you try the "break the cycle" for a couple days.

http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/faq.asp#break_cycle

Following Heather's diet is easy - it eliminates all of the triggers foods most of us have - dairy, fats, red meat, etc. Caffine and soda are also triggers, some people are sensitive to high fructose corn syrup, etc. It's all a matter of finding what works and doesn't work for you.

If you are experiencing more stress than usual it can also be a reason you are unstable now compared to before. I was stable for over 5 years, then I got really stressed in Feb. and I was super sick for 3-4 months. I dropped 20+ lbs, and it took breaking the cycle and religiously following the diet to get back on track. I also started the hypno cds. They are the biggest improvement.
IBS is very personal, but we all have ideas or help for you, don't be afraid to ask!

Hope this helps, Best of luck!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: I'm frustrated(Toady) new
      #282578 - 09/16/06 03:12 PM
kcj44

Thanks Toady. I am going to try the diet and see if it helps. I was eating only crackers, potatoes, pasta this week, and added some other foods, and still was having an issue. I think it may also be the salads I eat that are causing the upsets. Today, I had a flour tortilla with Turkey and Romaine lettuce inside it. About 5 hours later, I had some diarrah, and cramping.

Karen new
      #282698 - 09/17/06 05:24 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Sorry, I was at camp all weekend, and didn't get online until now. The diet is a great place to start. Personally, I can't eat Romaine lettuce, but I'm okay with leaf and iceburg - go figure. I had to eliminate all raw veggies for a couple months and then gradually add them in again. Unfortunately, your personal IBS diet is a matter of trial and error sometimes until you find what you can and cannot eat.

Best of luck,

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Karen(Cassandra) new
      #282747 - 09/17/06 10:00 PM
kcj44

I eat iceberg and butter lettuce tonight and no cramps after eating it. So I think it is the Romaine lettuce. We are going out of town this weekend, so when I return I am going to try Heather's diet. I know some food I can not tolorate, so I have stopped eating those.

Karen

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 295 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 861

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review