All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Acacia - any bad effects from anyone?
      #282034 - 09/13/06 12:55 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hi,

Anyone out there had any bad effects from acacia? I am in the process of looking at ordering it off the site but am wary as I tried Inulin and it caused gas (ouch - it traps). I use ground flax now but wanted a totally SF. Anyone have good or not so good ideas about it? Thanks, Debbie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acacia - any bad effects from anyone? new
      #282043 - 09/13/06 01:18 PM
Strixowl

Reged: 05/26/06

Hello feelinggood,
Just want to say that I was using Citrucel powder & tabs, but had wanted to switch to an organic product if I was going to be putting so much in my body daily. The Citrucel was giving me quite disturbing gas & bloating.

About 3 months ago I made the switch, increasing gradually as suggested (bit bumpy for a few days). One of the things I noticed after the initial bumpy period was that my gut felt so much more normal (minimal gas, no intense pain & minimal bloat). I thank the Gods for the Acacia powder & am hopeing for the Acacia tabs soon. Hope this helps

#282052 - 09/13/06 01:56 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

FYI, inulin is a notorious gas producer, so don't think that you are high maintenance.

--AC

#282061 - 09/13/06 03:06 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I got pretty bad gas when I first tried it because I started at too high of a dose; my system is VERY sensitive. I ended up starting again at just 1/8 teaspoon twice a day and slowly worked up from there. I'm still not even up to 1 tablespoon per day, and it's been almost 2 months! So, just start small, and go slow. If you start to get gassy, you've gone too quickly. Take a step back and stay there for awhile before increasing again.

Good luck!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#282075 - 09/13/06 04:23 PM
feelinggood

Thanks, I am vegetarian too. Actually vegan, so no egg whites , althought I am rethinking this. Do you find that you can use any Yves meat substitute products? Debbie -

#282078 - 09/13/06 04:25 PM
feelinggood

Thanks, I am using ground flax and want to switch to something totally SF. I will go very very slowly. Debbie

#282081 - 09/13/06 04:29 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

i am almost vegan too, in a weird way though. i don't eat eggs or milk, but occasioanlly have wild caught fish since i have serious issues putting on weight and the fish helps since i can't handle protein powders, oddly enough i met several occasional fish eating vegans, maybe we should call ourselves fegans. I know it may shock ou , but i have to have my health and my beliefs and this is the only way i have found until i can train myself to eat enough larger sized portions of th ebeans and nuts and seeds i love to maintain my weight without the fish.
the acacia has been amazing for me, helped get rid of the gas and bloat after starting really slowly.

#282090 - 09/13/06 04:42 PM
feelinggood

I understand totally - like I say, I may have to add egg whites to my diet. What do you mean ebeans? How do you incorporate beans into your diet with gas blow ups or D? I really pray that the acacia is okay for me. thanks, Debbie, Ontario, Canada

#282092 - 09/13/06 04:45 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Are you talking about deli slices and such? I haven't actually tried those... I've been scared to! But I'm running out of protein sources because beans and soy are too gassy for me right now. Are they just made from soy? Do you have any suggestions?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#282103 - 09/13/06 05:21 PM
feelinggood

They have deli slices, ground round, veggie dogs, etc. Yes, they are primarily made of soy. Let me know what you think. Debbie
I too have limited resources for protein.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1790 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1860

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review