All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
power juicer express
      #281099 - 09/06/06 07:44 PM

Unregistered

I'm thinking about buying the jack lalanne power juicer express, that's gotta be great for ibs, right? or all those bad fruits and vegtables will freakin make me wish i didn't drink them?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: power juicer express new
      #281101 - 09/06/06 07:53 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

If you've eliminated fruits and vegetables from your diet, then you need to add them back slowly, one at a time.

Fructose and fiber new
      #281160 - 09/07/06 08:38 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Fruit juices are a bad idea - they pack a lot of fructose into just a few swallows. If you must drink fruit juice, be sure to lay down a solid SF base first and go cautiously.

Vegetable juices I'm still not clear about. I'm sure most of them are safer than fruit juices because they have less fructose (although carrots seem awfully sweet), but whether they'd be okay for IBSers, I don't know.

If I remember correctly, you're IBS-C so you really do need to get some IF and fruits and vegetables are a great way to do it. However, it's never been clear to me whether you're actually getting any fiber when you drink fruit and vegetable juices. I guess if you end up basically pureeing the fruit/vegetable you do, but with clear juice I just don't know. Anyone else know?

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

...depends on the juicer new
      #281191 - 09/07/06 11:31 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

some new high-tech juicers actually just really really finely puree the fruits and veggies so that you still get the fiber. much healthier of course but remember that it's probably mostly IF, so tread cautiously. i'm not sure if the jack lalane juicer does that or not.

MOST juicers though, no you're not getting *too* much fiber (though still some). the majority of the fiber gets left behind in the pulp (which, of course, you can also eat or add to your juice if you want).

I've recently started juicing and I really like it. mostly veggie juices for me with a bit of fruit added usually. I'll just say that don't onsider veggie juices 100% safe just because there's very little fiber, it's all pureed etc... just treat them like you would any other veggies and drink them with SF

Thanks, Laurel. Good to see you again. -nt- new
      #281213 - 09/07/06 01:01 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 271 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 920

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review