All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
therapy and ADs new
      #282202 - 09/14/06 08:50 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

That's EXACTLY how I felt two months ago. I felt sick, cried a lot, and was SO depressed. That's when I started on the ADs. Perhaps that would help you? It took awhile, but lately I have been feeling so much better emotionally. My coworkers have even commented that I seem "happier" lately. Having that mostly under control gives me one less thing to deal with and worry about!

A therapist might also be a good idea. I have heard that both ADs AND seeing a therapist are more effective together than separate. For now, just stick to the diet, and don't be afraid to try other ways of helping yourself to feel better. That's great that you took a walk last night! Although I'm sorry you ended up not feeling well. Keep trying; go a little farther each night. Exercise is a natural mood-lifter.

Feel better, and keep us posted!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: therapy and ADs new
      #282234 - 09/14/06 10:40 AM
demo

Reged: 08/15/06
Loc: New York

thanks so much for your support. i just got back from the doc, who prescribed miralax. he also did a very cool thing and told me about a female doctor he knows of who is an "expert" in ibs-c. she amazingly had an opening for two weeks from now (i'm used to waiting a month at least to see my present doctor).
i will keep the exercise up, and i will end up asking the new doc about ADs, etc. i looked her up and she promotes a lot of supplemental therapies also, so i'm very excited and i have a little more hope for the future.

Re: therapy and ADs new
      #282240 - 09/14/06 11:03 AM
Lisa Marie

No problem! We're all in this together, right?? I was just telling my mom what a great support system this website has been for me the last few months. I'd be an emotional wreck without it!

The new doctor sounds great! I hope it goes well. In the mean time (if there's one thing I've learned from this website), keep trying new things! Something's bound to help.

Good luck!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Effexor new
      #282259 - 09/14/06 11:38 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Is the effexor still causing you worse C?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Effexor new
      #282286 - 09/14/06 01:53 PM
Lisa Marie

I think it might be if I weren't taking the natural calm every night. But as long as I can take that, I'm okay. I'm still experimenting with dosage though (of NC). I'm not quite at a high enough dose yet!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2075 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10347

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review