All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
EMBARASSING PROBLEM - PLEASE HELP
      #280783 - 09/04/06 07:59 AM
Mark2107

Reged: 09/04/06

hi - I experience uncomfortable bloating and gas every morning and now that I am dating a woman it's even more uncomfortable and weird when I spend the night at her place. I find that I have to hold it in to prevent any embarassing scenarios and this makes me want to die cause it is so freakin uncomfortable. Does anyone have any advice on how I can stop this from happening? thank you

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: EMBARASSING PROBLEM - PLEASE HELP new
      #280794 - 09/04/06 10:08 AM
MamaCat

Reged: 04/09/06
Loc: NJ

Hi--there is a thread right now under the heading "gas pills" that may help you with some information about gas. I suffered from gas and bloating too...I have eliminated all of my carbonated beverages, and I avoid eating food late in the evening or just prior to bed. My primary drink is water since March of this year. My gas/ bloating has been significantly less since I've been watching my diet.

Under the "gas pills" thread, there is info about certain over-the-counter meds for gas. I hope you find some help!! Good luck!

Jennifer

--------------------
IBS-D!

#280829 - 09/04/06 09:14 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Have you tried Heather's Fennel tea? Some people here also take Beano with their meals and it helps with the gas.

#280925 - 09/05/06 12:24 PM
Brendarific

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: The Northwest 'Burbs Of Chicago, IL

Hi Mark,

If I were your girlfriend, I would understand completely if you just told me about it. You're both adults, and gas happens! If you explained to her a little bit about IBS, I'm sure she'd be sympathic. There was a post on here recently about AM problems... gas, feeling horrible first thing in the morning, etc., so it's a pretty common thing with our condition.

I wouldn't hold it in. Ugh. No, don't hold it!

P.S. I agree with the other suggestions here about being careful what you eat the night before, etc.

--------------------
It's never too late to be what you might have been.

#284887 - 10/02/06 11:21 AM
tml

Reged: 02/06/05

One of the things that made me know that my husband was the right one for me was how sympathetic he was about my IBS. He knew that it was really difficult to go through, let alone discuss. I joke now about how he said "so worse case scenario you'll have to wear diapers, right?" (which never came to be, but him saying that made what I was going through look like not such a big deal). Later I remember him doing things like putting a roll of toilet paper in the cup holder when we went on trips, taking stool samples an hour to the hospital, and comforting me when I went through my colonoscopy prep. He handled it all with grace and a sense of humor. Honesty is important in relationships. You can still be tactful, and, no pun intended, this will all blow over.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 917 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 973

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review