All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
gas pills
      #280586 - 09/01/06 05:52 AM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

I have noticed that a lot of you take pills for gas and wanted to ask what kind and how many. I think gas is a big problem for me since I have noticed that for the last year I have more gas expelled. I tried Gas-X pills and all I got was a horrible taste in my mouth for hours and nasuea. Now I think the gas is not being expelled and maybe that is why I have the bad cramping pains. I sometimes feel stuff moving around in my stomach, like now, and this is after I took my Pamine for my spasms.
So what does everyone use for gas and at what doseage?
Thnaks for the help

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: gas pills new
      #280613 - 09/01/06 09:26 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Not sure what dosage I take, but I have been taking Bentyl (dicyclomine) for several years for both gas and pain. It works really well when I get an attack. It says that C is a side effect, but I have never had a problem with that.

Lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#280626 - 09/01/06 10:42 AM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

I started taking Beano with my meals about 2 weeks ago. It seems to be working so far. I haven't had as many problems w/gas or bloating. I still have that "icky" feeling in my stomach sometimes, but it's better than it was. The amount I take depends on what I'm eating. If I just have pasta w/margarine & a chicken breast I only take 2. But if I have vegetables with it, or a tomato-based sauce I take 3-4. The other night I had a turkey burger w/rice & green beans, I took 5 because I made the burger pretty spicy & put mustard on it. Like I said, it's only been 2 weeks, but so far so good.

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

Generic Gas Relief & Beano to the rescue! new
      #280638 - 09/01/06 12:28 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Why suffer needlessly from gas? I've been using "Beano" for food related gas issues for years (successfully) & highly recommend it. If I have "trapped gas" I use simethecone caps.
(generic gas-x or gas relief) The generic brand does not contain sorbitol which can be highly problematic. Also, they're cheaper than the name brand which is a bonus. They really help expell excessive air which can cause exceptional discomfort/pain. I also drink peppermint and fennel teas (I love iced morrocan mint tea in the summer, especially after a spicy curry!) and they are wonderful for gas/bloating as well as so soothing to the digestive tract. Also, check out the yoga board for some effective gas relieving poses. They work!!!

Kate, IBS-D.

full spectrum enzymes much better new
      #280680 - 09/01/06 04:13 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

try a full spectrum extra strength plant enzyme since beano only has one enzyme in it, Alpha-Galactosidase Enzyme it really only helps with beans and complex starches, a full spectrum with amylase, protease, etc will help with all elements in your meal including proetin, fat, starch, complex starch, sugar, etc. just make sure you find one with the alpha-galactosidase as some don't have that one and try to get one with 150 or more of it, since beano has 150.

#280730 - 09/02/06 06:47 PM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

Thanks all, I went to get some Beano today and so far have not had to use it. I have been eating very bland, so tired of plain toasted muffins and boiled potatoes and rice. Going to try tomorrow and put some other food back in since I have had two days of realitive pain free.

Gas X Woes new
      #280793 - 09/04/06 10:02 AM
MamaCat

Reged: 04/09/06
Loc: NJ

I've used Gas-X in the past for gas and bloating; while it has helped my gas, it causes me horrible colon spasming--the spasms are so strong they've awakened me from sleep. I've had to take ibuprofen to counteract the spasms. Even my Levbid didn't help. However, if the gas pain and bloating is really bad, taking a Gas-X and some ibuprofen is a small price to pay for some relief!

--------------------
IBS-D!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 409 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2398

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review