All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ibs safe energy boosters??
      #280465 - 08/30/06 08:02 PM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

I have been dealing with some.. issues... and while my ibs is staying almost scarily well, I find that right now, I can't sleep even though I'm tired, and I can't eat even though my stomach is killing me at times.. I just don't have the want to eat.. and when I do, it's only small amounts.. I hate stress...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ibs safe energy boosters?? new
      #280741 - 09/03/06 10:21 AM
Langgang

Reged: 06/25/06
Loc: Sedalia, MO

While I can't give any suggestions about handling stress, I can sympathize with you. For the last few weeks, I too have been having trouble sleeping - sometimes not being able to get to sleep, or more often, waking up around 4 or 5 am, then waking up every few minutes or so until the alarm goes off. I usually wake up with a nervous stomach that finally goes away around noon. How are you handling stress? I go to the Dr. on Friday and am going to talk to him about stress/anxiety.

--------------------
Robin
IBS-A

#280746 - 09/03/06 11:33 AM
Dajara

Usually I can handle it but this time, it just really didn't work out so well.. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, and now I'm paying for it.. Oh well, at least my stressor is gone now so in theory I can get back to a state or normality and stability...

#280826 - 09/04/06 09:06 PM
czukster

Reged: 04/07/06

I have similar issues and managing my anxiety is often the key to IBS relief. As far as energy boosters go I take ginseng every morning and it does seem to help. Taking a regular multi vitamin also makes me feel better day to day. For trouble sleeping maybe try melatonin or valerian root (Sleeptyime tea from Celestial Seasonings). Best of luck and keep us posted.

How do you manage your anxiety? new
      #280869 - 09/05/06 08:25 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Do you take medication?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: How do you manage your anxiety? new
      #280948 - 09/05/06 03:54 PM
Dajara

Not currently.. I have been trying to learn to deal with it without taking meds.. (I hate taking pills, i have a hard time swallowing them)

Re: How do you manage your anxiety? new
      #280958 - 09/05/06 06:35 PM
janet1

Reged: 09/05/06

I take xanex, no caffeeine, no sugar. My anxiety has plagued for most of my life, so, I try to approach it as part of my life. IBS has caused most of my anxiety, or it's a roller coaster effect. Actually nothing works, just DIET.
As we speak, I am in anxiety, went off my diet for IBS, I am paying the big price, pain, bloat, cramps. We shall see how long this episode last, my own fault. Pills are not always the answer.........

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 705 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1012

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review