All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
break the cycle diet
      #280444 - 08/30/06 05:34 PM
Valerie A.

Reged: 11/08/05

Two days ago I started the break the cycle diet. Yesterday I was okay until dinner time..got really hungry about 4pm. tummy was empty, I guess. Today I packed more honey combs to take to work. snacked on that most of day. Ate 4 oz applesauce with Acacia for breakfast... mashed potatoes with fat free lactaid milk.. for lunch.. I was soooo hungry and empty tummy by 3pm today. I'm afraid to eat too much.. oh. I had Panera bread's chicken noodle soup bread bowl tonight for dinner. Is that okay food?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: break the cycle diet new
      #280448 - 08/30/06 06:22 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

lactaid milk is still milk, lactose free but not casein free

#280454 - 08/30/06 06:53 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

You're better off using soy, rice, or almond milk instead of lactaid milk. As Miso said below, it still has caesin which is an IBS trigger.

#280460 - 08/30/06 07:27 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey there,

I agree with the others - lactaid might not be safe for you. While you are on the BTC diet, I would eliminate it completely.
Also, do you know the ingredients of the soup? I know that I personally find it really hard to find any soup - especially ones with any chicken or other meat in them - because there is always bad stuff in it.
I would check the ingredients for chicken fat, MSG, egg yolks, and anything else that jumps out at you.
It doesnt mean that maybe you'll never be able to tolerate it, but to really be on the BTC diet you should be ultra safe and give your tummy a chance to settle down.
If you are finding yourself so hungry, I would definitely have more small snacks throughout the day to keep tummy happy. If you are always hungry, you may end up feeling worse.
Can you tote pretzels or rice cakes or anything like that along with you?
Also, try having lean protein like a baked chicken breast with some rice or something so that you have the energy from it. As well, you might want to try oatmeal as this might make you feel fuller for longer.

Good luck!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#280470 - 08/31/06 05:25 AM
Valerie A.

Reged: 11/08/05

Very interesting about the lactaid...hmmm.. Sometimes I can't tolerate chicken, it causes pelvic pain.. I get very overwhelmed with all of this. I'm starting to make charts to keep track of everything...

Re: break the cycle diet - HANG IN THERE new
      #280489 - 08/31/06 09:59 AM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

Don't give up - just hang in there - eating the safest foods possible and then slowly add things into your diet. I found that keeping a food journal helped me tremendously in figuring out what would trigger an attack.

You mentioned the chicken bothering you - are you eating skinless chicken breast meat? Definitely should not eat the skin or any dark meat. I would try just a small portion of chicken with white rice, or fresh french bread, or a baked potato. That's usually pretty safe.

Good luck,
Leigh

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5033 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 942

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review