All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: New to this new
      #331623 - 06/26/08 05:54 PM
alyssum

Reged: 06/01/08
Loc: Ohio

I use a few tsp of Organic Coconut oil on pasta, bread, etc. in lieu of butter, margarine, etc. My mom sent me a link about IBS and Coconut oil. Just like fiber supplements, I had to slowly increase my intake over a month or two. I take 2 to 3 Tbsp per day, but use NO other fats in my diet. Save for those naturally in my foods. I eat only the leanest cuts of white meat poultry (NO processed meats).

The bread part was VERY hard for me to get used to. And eliminating HIGH FIBER (the insoluble type) cereals. At least I have a true reason to eat Fresh Italian Bread from the bakery around the corner. I HATE "white" bread, but enjoy the crusty fresh baked types. I was raised on only "nutty" whole grain breads, it has been a big adjustment. My local baker has gotten to know me and my needs. He makes these "Spinach Rolls" of crusty Italian bread wrapped around Chopped spinach and a little garlic. YUM!!!

I now steam or gently sautee (in 1 tsp of coconut oil in a non stick pan) my veggies vs. eating them raw. It works for me, but I know others cannot eat them this way. I was raised eating the fresh, crunchy and rarely cooked!

It was hard for me to get over the fact that my "healthy" diet was making me miserable! Heather's book and this forum have brought me a huge comfort in more ways than one!

--------------------
"Learn to write your hurts in the sand and your benefits in stone . . ."
IBS-A, predominantly D, Gas & bloating.
Chronic Migraines

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 819 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3279

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review