All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Unexplained attacks?
      #279062 - 08/19/06 05:54 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I just had a mild attack, my first in about two months or so. I can't think for the life of me what I ate that set me off.

I made a grilled flour tortilla folded in half with some dijon mustard, soy cheese and turkey stuffed inside. I eat this all the time and I do fine with it. I was still hungry afterwards, so I had a small amount of chocolate soy pudding, again something I eat regularly and do great with.

About an hour later, I am crampy and had an attack of D. I feel great now, so I think it has to be something I ate.

Can too much soy be a trigger? Also, what I ate was very low in fat, so I don't think that's the culprit. Any input would be great. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Unexplained attacks? new
      #279070 - 08/19/06 06:38 PM
Smiling Strange

Reged: 07/13/06
Loc: Florida, USA

Have you been particularly stressed lately? That always sets off an attack for me. Or, it could be hormones? Sometimes it seems like they just come out of the blue with no good reason!

#279077 - 08/19/06 08:28 PM
AmandaM

No stress at all. Hormones aren't at issue either since I am not near my cycle. I know that they can come out of the blue and that's probably it. Just little "control freak me" wants to be able to control this disease even though I know that I am not holding the reins

#279123 - 08/20/06 08:58 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I found I was getting some mild attacks after eating soy products too. I finally tried Beano with soy products and the attacks stopped completely and I had no gas. The only reason I can think of the attacks is that the soy caused gassiness which I didn't really notice, which in turn caused cramping and D.

Hope you feel better,
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#279133 - 08/20/06 09:53 AM
AmandaM

Thanks, Kat. I'll try that next time I eat soy. I have noticed that if I eat a bunch of it at a time that I either get gassy or that I get a mild attack. Beano it is!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3518 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 619

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review