All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Nausea-predominant folks - does this diet really work 4 ya?
      #278497 - 08/16/06 03:28 AM
Memmles

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Silicon Valley, CA, USA

Has anyone with nausea-predominant IBS (with C leanings,tho not solidly C) actually found long-term relief from this diet?
Just thought I'd check in and see if anyone else has found relief from nausea thru this diet specifically. I'm a little different since I'm not a hard-core C or Der. It's the stinkin' nausea that gets me. If the diet may not address my symptoms, I'd like to anticipate this a bit.

I'm having a discouraged/frustrated moment tonight. I haven't been able to remove a) the sudden, severe nausea that I still encounter, and b) the anxiety that this creates ("Will I suddenly feel ill today? What if I'm in a place where I can't 'escape'??, etc.).

I'm in my last week of my job of 5 years, leaving has been hard, I'm crazy stressed in handing over all my knowledge to everyone who needs to carry things on, haven't been sleeping well lately...so I can see why I'd be uncomfy if the nausea is "nervous stomach" primarily. Still frustrating tho. I haven't started my Buspar meds (not a meds girl & worried about side-effects of nausea), but maybe I should seriously consider this as a long-term help if nausea is anxiety-induced. Hmm...

Hoping to hear from some of ya about relief from the diet specifically.

~ E.

--------------------
East Palo Alto, CA (San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley)

IBS-C, pain, nausea

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nausea-predominant folks - does this diet really work 4 ya? new
      #278503 - 08/16/06 06:35 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

traditional chinese medicine helped alot with my nausea and heartburn, try and find one who makes custom herb blends for their patients.

#278537 - 08/16/06 09:03 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

have you tried pretzels? I find those really helpful

#278563 - 08/16/06 11:53 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I would consider trying the Buspar. I always had horrible nausea, and the only thing that's worked for it long-term was reducing my severe anxiety. For me, that meant medication. I'm on Lexapro, and there was some nausea at first, but nothing worse than I was already used to, and it went away after the first month... which is pretty standard for long-term meds like that.

If it's not anxiety-related nausea, though, the diet can definitely help. One thing that really helps nausea is - believe it or not - never having an empty stomach. The diet stresses adequate soluble fiber intake (which is soothing to the gut), spread out into many mini-meals and snacks throughout the day (which is easier to digest). The result is that you always have a little something in you, and your stomach doesn't get all acidic and churning and funky-feeling.

#278687 - 08/16/06 08:30 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I suffered from nausea every single day of my life. I am D most of the time and every now and then A. This diet helped me more than anything else and now I hardly ever have a day with nausea. The biggest thing for me was eating low fat. High fat foods make my stomach feel sick faster than anything else.

The peppermint caps and peppermint tea also help me.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 544 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 665

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review