All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Sever constipation- HELP new
      #278798 - 08/17/06 12:29 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Do you still need to eat SF foods if you take an SFS?

I wonder why some people do great with SFS and for others they (any and all types) cause such horrible gas, bloat, and/or cramps. Do some people just not tolerate any SFS?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#278803 - 08/17/06 01:03 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I, personally, have never done well on SFS, but now I think it's because I always started with the "minimum recommended dose" which is too high for me. Starting the acacia gave me really bad gas (1/2 t. 2x daily), so I gave up after a few days. After prodding from Heather and Shell, I tried it again, but started with just 1/8 t. 2x daily. After almost 1 month, I am finally up to about 1/2 t. 2x daily, and I don't have the horrible gas and bloating that I did when I STARTED at that dose. You just have to start really small and very slowly work your way up!

--Lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Hi Seggy new
      #278880 - 08/18/06 04:07 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

hi
if you go to the yoga for ibs part- the link is on the left hand side of the home page there's a list of exercises specifically for C and D and gas etc I only tried the one where you lie on your back and lift your legs up to your chest, this one seems to work really well for me
Hope it helps you too

IBS-C and SF foods new
      #278895 - 08/18/06 06:55 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

Do you still need to eat SF foods if you take an SFS?

I do. Taking an SFS just means that I have some room for IF! Every meal I eat has some SF in it, and I try to have IF in every meal too. (Too many years of uncontrolled IBS means I'm still a little scared of IF cramping and a little too fond of baked goods!)

--AC

Thanks AstroChick new
      #278899 - 08/18/06 07:04 AM
Jordy

I've been sick a long time too.

--------------------

Re: I second the Calm product new
      #279004 - 08/19/06 07:19 AM
jenny833

Reged: 11/05/05

whats the best dose of natural calm to start off with? how many times a day?

#279019 - 08/19/06 11:58 AM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

Hi Jenny... I used to be excruciatingly C all the time. I went through a period of at least 5 years when I coudln't take a BM at all w/out laxatives.... and I was eating the cleanest, healthiest, highest fiber diet I could eat. Fresh fruits/veg ALL day long. After years, I have sadly found that I am almost totally intolerant of IF & even small amounts cause my stool to be very hard to pass. So, for the interim, you might just TRY eliminating all IF for a few days to see if that brings some relief. There are no EXACT answers for all of us, and different people will tell you different things, but you have to figure your body out. So who knows, you may be like me & just have to drastically cut out IF. Can't hurt for a few days just to see!

#279043 - 08/19/06 03:07 PM
littlelani

Reged: 06/17/06
Loc: Asheboro, NC

Not sure if this will help you or not, but applesauce works for me. Don't why it works but it does, everytime. Just plain ole' applesauce. I eat about 1-2 cups throughout the day & it seems to help. And it's natural, no drugs or chemicals (except what's already in all processed foods anyway ).

--------------------
IBS-A...I can never make up my mind

#279044 - 08/19/06 03:14 PM
Abigail

Reged: 03/12/05
Loc: Orlando,FL

Have you tried flax seeds whole or ground? I take 2 tsp of flax seeds soaked overnight in an 8oz cup of water and I eat with my cereal in the morning. I drink lots of water after eating and it helps me with C. Won't hurt to try. Also, taking 4 caps of Magnesium citrate supplement daily. Hope it helps.

Blessings,
Abi

--------------------
The joy of the Lord is my strength !

Re: I second the Calm product new
      #279129 - 08/20/06 09:43 AM
Jordy

The directions say to start at one teaspoon a day, I think. Going up to a max of 3 tsp, which is about 640 mg of magnesium.

But since I take a Cal/mag supplement 3 times a day, I only use a teapoon of the Calm magnesium at night if I need an extra boost. I think I'll be taking some tonight!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 285 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9412

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review