All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
benefiber
      #278405 - 08/15/06 12:09 PM
dancer1

Reged: 08/14/06
Loc: Orlando, FL

i started taking this yesterday (cuz heather says to take it daily) but it is making me really gassy. (sorry this is really gross). is this normal? did this happen to others? will it go away once my body is use to having the benefiber everyday? it's just so icky. i want to make sure i'm not missing somthing. thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: benefiber new
      #278407 - 08/15/06 12:28 PM
scarrlet86

Reged: 02/21/06
Loc: California

This is very typical when starting fiber therapy. It's really important to star slowly, only taking a little bit and then gradually working up to higher doses. You might try decreasing it for a few days, and when you feel ok, gradually start working up. It will get better. Try taking some beano, it may help. It may be uncomfortable at first, but your body should adjust and you should feel better in the long run. Hope this helps!

Re: benefiber new
      #278415 - 08/15/06 01:03 PM
chupie

Reged: 05/30/06

Check the label. What is the active ingredient? I ask because they are changing from guar gum to wheat dextrin. I saw a bottle at Walgreen's the other day saying "New ingredient" and sure enough it was wheat dextrin. Most of us don't know how well that will work.

Re: benefiber-dose? new
      #278629 - 08/16/06 05:35 PM
Ericasmom

Reged: 04/27/04
Loc: Arizona

Can you tell me what is the reccomended daily dose for Benefiber? I am D-predominant. I'm taking Fibercon, which works OK. Just wondering if Benefiber may work better.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 735

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review