Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Is Cranberry Juice Safe? new
      #277982 - 08/11/06 08:11 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Claudia:

Yes, I have heard of the cranberry capsules, but I am terrified to try them because my IBS is so severe. If I consume one wrong thing, I can be in agony for up to two weeks.

Usually, if I try something new, I just take a miniscule amount to start and slowly build up from there if I am okay at each step of the way. However, it would be difficult to do this with a capsule because more or less I think I would have to take the whole thing at once. (I must admit I don't know what the capsules look like or whether I could cut them up into tinier pieces to start.) Also, I wonder if the capsules are made from lactose, which many pills are. This wouldn't be good for my IBS because all milk products might as well be a deadly poison since I get horribly ill from them.

So I just shudder at the thought of trying those capsules! I am severely limited when it comes to pills and such. For example, I can't tolerate any vitamin pills and most medications would be a scary proposition for me.

Although I am always upbeat and never let IBS get in the way of my life and I am well most of the time (my last terrible attack was a year ago), every now and then I am faced with my limits.

By the way, I note you are a Canadian army wife. I hope and pray your husband isn't stationed in Afghanistan. We have lost far too many of our precious young servicemen/woman there.

Belinda

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3546 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5857

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review