All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Medication new
      #277939 - 08/10/06 05:40 PM
caroll56

Reged: 04/01/06

I have IBS C and have been on levbid almost two weeks now steadily. I'm also using accacia and increasing more each day. Today was one of my backed up days and I used the bathroom alot. My pain feels worse on these type of days because of the frequent movements. I also get bad heartburn afterwards. The pain is just as intense on a day when I have "D" issues. It's been a lousy summer for me. My GI doc turned me over to my MD, and he turned me over to a colonrectal doc who I will see next thursday. Don't know what to expect. I've taken xanax to control the anxiety which seems to increase with IBS. I fear IBS pain and when the symptoms begin I get very depressed. I've taken advils too but nothing really works. I took zelnorm years ago, but can't remember why I got off it. One of my girlfriends takes it and finds it very helpful with her constipation problem. Take care.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#277970 - 08/11/06 06:23 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Ugh, if peppermint isn't making a dent in it, I would definitely get a doc to prescribe you some antispasmodics. It sounds like your gut is REALLY sensitive right now, so you probably need to calm it down and break the cycle.

I highly recommend the hypno CDs for a long-term solution to chill out your innards. Oh, and have your doc check you over to make sure that there's nothing else causing this (gallbladder, endometriosis, etc.)!

--AC

#277986 - 08/11/06 08:29 AM
funmom

Reged: 08/09/06
Loc: California

I had that test a few years back - am blanking on the name right now - but it's the one where they stick that tube up your back side and look with the camera and it hurts like you-know-what.......and of course they found nothing!! And I used to have Endometriosis before I had my 4 kids and then with my last baby (3 yrs ago) I had emergency c-section then right after that I started hemorrhaging so they did an emergency hysterectomy (partial) so it's definitely not that anymore . Anyways, I sorta feel like when I give in to the pain (stay home from work, cancel my plans, get depressed, etc) then it magnifies and consumes me. It's strange, I'll be completely fine for months (and sometimes even a year or two) and then it hits and it changes my whole life/thinking/attitude for awhile. I can't allow it to as I have a VERY active family (lake trips, desert dirt bike riding).......I have a friend who developed IBS a few years back and now does NOTHING with her family and it's really affected their life negatively and I'm so determined to not allow that to happen. I think if I can get myself regular again (bowel movements) then I can get this thing licked.......at least for a bit.

Re: Honestly... new
      #278276 - 08/14/06 11:38 AM
funmom

So did the extra water and the fiber supplements help you with the pain?? It's been almost a week now and it's better but I'm still not "regular" and each morning I wake up and pray to God that I won't get the blinding pain. It's weird, I struggle with constipation alot but it's been years since I've had that blinding/passing out pain like I had last Monday - I'm thinking it was a combo of stress and not "going" good for about 4 days and then WHAMO

Re: Honestly... new
      #278300 - 08/14/06 02:25 PM
funmom

So what finally "cured" you?? Like I've said in my previous posts, I used to be real bad, then for the last few years I'vd done REALLY good - I've had the constipation alot of the time in the past few years but not the searing pain... but then last week it hit me HARD!! I am trying to get back to "normal" with my diet/exercise but it seems that each day I feel "borderline".....and I'm sure part of me feeling cruddy is because of the lingering fear of a painful attack. I just need to get back on track soon as I'm going on vacation next week with my family at the Lake. It'll be 8 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on our boat each day - with no potty!! Thanks for your advice.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 652 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4212

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review