All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
This is how I feel about IBS
      #277609 - 08/08/06 08:50 AM
iwish1

Reged: 08/08/06

I feel like i've had an infant screaming in my ear for ten years and I cannot quiet it, cannot hand it to someone else so I can have a break. I carry it with me everywhere I go... every time I try to work, try to do anything, it is screaming at me for relief and I can't help.
I feel like I've just wanted to take a nap for last 10 years, but my eyelids won't close. There is no rest.
I feel like every inch of my skin has been itching for the last ten years, but nothing eases the itch. There's no relief.
My body has been screaming at me.... desperate for any relief & I cannot help it. Cannot enjoy social outings, cannot work stressful work, cannot do LIFE because that baby is always screaming, my eyes won't close and my skin always crawls. I just want a break from this.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: This is how I feel about IBS new
      #277612 - 08/08/06 08:55 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm sorry you feel that way. We've all felt that at one point in time. After years of suffering, you certainly deserve the break you seek. Heather's diet will do that for you. Read thoroughly through the dietary guidelines and try her diet. It was the only thing that made SENSE to me after I suffered for years. Within days I felt better.
Give it a try and let us know how you feel!
Now is the time to think positively. A fresh start. I'm not saying it's a miracle cure, and it's probably not going to be instant relief, but it will WORK if you're willing to work at it and listen to your body.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: This is how I feel about IBS new
      #277613 - 08/08/06 08:58 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

OMG after posting my pain and reading yours I can relate. I get so envious when I hear someone had been pain/attack free for a year or even six months..........I've yet to make it to a month. I feel your pain all the time. All I can say is hang in there, that is all that keeps me going.

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Exactly, I couldn't agree more. *nt new
      #277701 - 08/08/06 08:43 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: This is great advice... new
      #277713 - 08/09/06 03:06 AM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

I agree completely... we have all felt that way. The good news is that a lot of us have found that relief you are looking for and are here to help you. There is always support here. I know throughout my ups and downs with IBS I have always been able to rely on these wonderful people.
As Han says... have a good read thru the info that is on the site then fire away with your questions and we will all do our best to help and support you. You are not alone.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 866 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 727

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review