All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Poll - anxiety/depression new
      #277619 - 08/08/06 09:14 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I started taking Prozac about 7 weeks ago for depression; I think I can add anxiety to the list, too. I think I spend too much time worrying about having an attack, and stress management is seriously lacking in my life. But I'm working on it. I JUST ordered the hyno CDs, and I'm starting to work with a therapist. I'm not sure I like the Prozac, but my doctor wants to give it a full 8 weeks.

--Lisa, IBS-C

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Oh yeah! And to HanSolo new
      #277656 - 08/08/06 01:18 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Long story. Diagnosed w/ postpartum depression 2002. Diagnosed OCD same time. Went on Paxil. Got pregnant again and had to stop. 2003 - another baby, postpartum again, and the Paxil wasn't working. In comes effexor, risperdal and wellbutrin. Effexor took forever to work (I mean 6 months) and just didn't cut it.
Last summer hospitalized for depression, diagnosed bipolar, switched to Luvox (for OCD), added Epival, seroquel.
If you want to talk OCD, e-mail me anytime. It's a painful disease. Just let me know who you are in the title line.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Poll - anxiety/depression-I haven't been on here for awhile! new
      #277658 - 08/08/06 01:26 PM
neves4

Reged: 04/30/06
Loc: Redding, CA

Hi all!! I am back trying to get caught up with this website. So much to read and learn and I'd really like to get to know others on here-need to with the IBS and such I have. Anyhow...Oh my goodness yes!! I am a person who is always anxious and stressed out. It's almost like if there isn't anything to be stressed over, I find something because it's just impossible for me to relax. I also feel that I could be borderline OCD (if that's possible) and I was having terrible anxiety attacks. I have been on WellButrin XL and it has really worked for me. My doc was worried it may effect the IBS a bit but it hasn't-everything else does. Hang in there cuz the anxiety/depression can get bad. I also had the postpartum and it's not fun either.

dicyclomine new
      #277672 - 08/08/06 03:20 PM
czukster

Reged: 04/07/06

I take dicyclomine when I absolutely need to but I try to avoid it if I can help it because it makes me so disoriented. I also had my doctor cut my dosage from 20mg to 10mg so that if I have an attack at work I can take one pill and still function. (20mg really puts me flat out and I shouldn't be driving or anything when I take 20mg.) Anyway, the way I look at dicyclomine is that it's great to have for attacks, but it's not good to be on it all the time because it's mainly just treating the attacks, as opposed to coming up with a diet/stress/sleep plan that avoids attacks all together. As far as dicyclomine and anxiety I would say yes it calms me down a little in that I can actually sit still but I also try to avoid taking it late at night because it makes it hard for me to sleep. Anyway, just a little of my experiences with it.

Re: Poll - anxiety/depression-Miso new
      #285075 - 10/03/06 02:47 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hi Miso - I know I have alreayd probably asked you this but how long until your sleepiness went away with celexa or Zoloft? I am so anxious about it. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am considering asking for cipralex?

Re: Poll - anxiety/depression-Miso new
      #285086 - 10/03/06 04:37 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

it took about a month and a half for it to go away completely, the first 3 weeks were rough, plus iwas waking up at 4:30 each morning so my sleep quality was poor on top of it.
Also remember there are lots of natural things to take to counteract the tiredness of AD meds, since some side effects do stay sometimes, also when chemicals are off in the brain, it can make us need more of certain nutrients. Magnesium potassium aspartates seems to work well for a lot of people, or euleuthero works too, its siberian ginseng. Greens powders helop by supplying nutrients, but non of them agree with my stomach.

Lisa Maria... new
      #285101 - 10/03/06 06:09 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Are you still on Prozac? Is it helping your IBS at all? My doctor has mentioned this AD to me.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Lisa Maria... new
      #285202 - 10/04/06 12:47 PM
Lisa Marie

Nope, I was on it for 7 weeks then switched to Effexor. I like it MUCH better. I didn't really "feel" anything on the Prozac, and I didn't like the side effects.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#285203 - 10/04/06 12:48 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

How long have you been on Effexor? What side effects did Prozac cause?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#285208 - 10/04/06 12:57 PM
Lisa Marie

Prozac caused some frustrating sexual side effects for me. I've been on the Effexor for a couple of months now, and have really noticed a difference. I'm not sure if it's just that, or the Effexor combined with the hypno, but I have definitely chilled out and become happier. I'm also finally beginning to feel more stable, which is SO good! I've had two symptom-free days in a row now, which is HUGE for me!!

Has anyone else in your family been on ADs and had good luck with them? I chose Effexor because two family members use it and have had great results.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3196 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17148

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review