All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: anyone had diffuculty taking ADs-stomach pain? new
      #289173 - 11/06/06 05:08 PM
mrsbunker

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Minnesota

I was just wondering if anyone has had diffuculty taking ADs? I'm trying to take them & can't seem to find one that doesn't kill my stomach. I'm having headaches all the time, chest pain & problems sleeping. Plus IBS which is not all that bad right now. The last suggestion was to take a Zelnorm before I take the AD. Seems silly to take a pill so I can take another pill but I think I'm going to have to try. This is killing me!

--------------------
Judy

Edited by mrsbunker (11/06/06 05:17 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Poll - anxiety/depression new
      #289175 - 11/06/06 05:13 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Do a search on Lexapro and you'll see some of the recent posts on it. I took it for almost a year with no adverse reactions (low dosage).

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Me too new
      #289214 - 11/07/06 06:43 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I've tried many with failure. Which ones have you tried? Are you C or D? I assume a C since you mentioned Zelnorm.

It makes a big difference because the side effects often cause either C or D to worsen.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Me too new
      #289273 - 11/07/06 03:55 PM
mrsbunker

Quote:

I've tried many with failure. Which ones have you tried? Are you C or D? I assume a C since you mentioned Zelnorm.

It makes a big difference because the side effects often cause either C or D to worsen.

Yes, I have C.
The most recent ones I have tried are Cymbalta gave me a horrible Stomach ache. Effexor Stomach ache. This is just after taking one tablet. Now I'm going to try Lexapro again which I took 6 years ago & it made me ill then.
I had this same headache/chest pain(did not have IBS @ the time)6 yrs ago I had it for 2 years before I found any help & that was Celexa. I took Celexa for 1 year (best thing ever for me) but I broke out & stopped taking it. They then put me on Lexapro which gave me a Stomach ache. So went off entirely. Stayed well(headache/chest pain)for 3 years now I'm sick again & also have isommonia. I think I'm just about out of luck! I may have to try Celexa again because my Doc said people usually have reactions right away so it may have been something else that made me break out. Wish me luck tonight with the Lexapro! Do you have other health problems also or just IBS? The IBS alone is enough to make you depressed having other things is horrible!

--------------------
Judy

a question for msbunker new
      #289316 - 11/07/06 08:03 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

with all of the meds you have tried how long did you try each one for?
because way too many people give up on certain meds thinking they do not agree with their bodies when they make them feel horrible in the first few weeks, almost all AD's make you feel terrible for the first week to a month before the side effects go away and the benefits show up, but many people think they are making them feel worse and gove up too early.

Re: a question for msbunker-MISO new
      #289409 - 11/08/06 05:56 PM
mrsbunker

Quote:

with all of the meds you have tried how long did you try each one for?
because way too many people give up on certain meds thinking they do not agree with their bodies when they make them feel horrible in the first few weeks, almost all AD's make you feel terrible for the first week to a month before the side effects go away and the benefits show up, but many people think they are making them feel worse and gove up too early.

Yes, I think your right! I only took 1 -2 tablets ea time. I started taking Lexapro last night(took Zelnorm an hour before)& didn't sleep most of the night because of the stomach pain. I will try to continue taking it pain or not. If I get rid of the head/chest pain it will be worth it! Hopefully the stomach pain will get better as I go. When I took Celexa I had no side effects at all.
If you don't mind me asking, have you had experience with uncomfortable side effects from ADs? If so how long did it take for you to feel better?

--------------------
Judy

#289419 - 11/08/06 08:30 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

when i was younger i was on zoloft and i remember the first 2 weeks were realy weird, lots of nausea, insomnia, sweating, etc and then by week 3 i started feeling better all around, i was on that for 5 years with very little side effects, just some fatigue and a bit of sexual side effects, but it helped my stomach and anxiety immensely.
wellbutrin made me really anxious and edgy and gave me bad GERD, i took that for a year then finally gave up.I am now on lexapro and doing very well, anxiety is so much better controlled, stomach is calmer as a result, the first week i was nauseous and crampy, the second week less, by week 3 i was good to go. It is weird though because i am super sensitive to anything that i put in my body, yet AD's have always agreed with me very well compared to some people. Atomic rose had bad D and severe nausea for the first 2 weeks where she was on dramamine constantly. We are all different, you just have to ride it out, if by week 4 you are not starting to feel better and week 6 you are not on track then ask to switch meds, but you have to give it at least 2-3 weeks min.

#289479 - 11/09/06 10:07 AM
czukster

Reged: 04/07/06

Make sure also to take AD's with food. I notice even now after being on Effexor for 2 months that if I don't take it with food it upsets my stomach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1338 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17167

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review