All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Lisa Maria... new
      #285220 - 10/04/06 01:56 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Hi, Well , my sister was on Prozac quite a few years back. She lost her sexual libido but at that time she did not care - she then met her husband and went off the Prozac as she wanted a sex life. Does the effexor take away your libido? I guess it is such a personal chemistry that it is an individual thing? I just keep battling if it is worth the side effects? Thanks. P.S. Do you mean the Effexor has been sympton free? Did it decrease your appetite? I am told that Effexor does that? Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#285235 - 10/04/06 05:07 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Hmmm... how do I put this? I wouldn't say it was a matter of libido loss, just, things becoming more "difficult", if that makes any sense...? I haven't noticed this nearly as much with the Effexor, but I'm sure it can be somewhat of an individual thing. I don't think Effexor has affected my appetite (my weight hasn't changed), but it did increase my constipation. That lasted quite a long time, until I finally started on the Natural Calm every night.

If you really think an AD will help you, then give it a shot - but give it a fair shot; at least 8 weeks. So far, it's been worth it for me!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#285242 - 10/04/06 06:06 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Thanks Lisa Marie. Nobody else in my family has taken an AD....but many of them sure need to be.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#285248 - 10/04/06 06:27 PM
feelinggood

thank you Lisa Maria - I understand what you are saying - so thus far Efforex has been the best med you have been on for side effects? Thanks, Debbie

#285249 - 10/04/06 06:28 PM
feelinggood

What hypno are you doing - the IBS tapes? Do they help relaxation in general? Thanks, Debbie, Ontario Canada IBS-C

Re: Poll - anxiety/depression new
      #285311 - 10/05/06 10:22 AM
loverufus

Reged: 10/05/06

Have had panic attacks since childhood. Depression runs in both sides of my family.

Take Elavil and Paxil. The Elavil is SUPER for IBS-D! And the Paxil has eliminated all panic attacks.

Also see a therapist.

WARNING: I have gained about 70 pounds in the last 3 years on the meds. Dr. just says it's just that I was borderline anorexic with the anxiety/IBS.

I know what you mean! -nt- new
      #285337 - 10/05/06 01:03 PM
Lisa Marie

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#285338 - 10/05/06 01:04 PM
Lisa Marie

Yes, I'm doing the IBS hypno. I'm almost halfway through! I find them to be the most relaxing part of my day.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#285340 - 10/05/06 01:06 PM
Lisa Marie

Yup. But it's only the second one I've tried. I guess I got lucky!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: Poll - anxiety/depression new
      #285716 - 10/08/06 10:49 PM
czukster

Reged: 04/07/06

I have been on Effexor now for about 5 weeks. It's the first antidepressant I've ever been on. Things have been going alright though I wish that it had done more for my anxiety. (I have always been scared of Paxil because of the bad things that came out about it.) I'm very interested to hear that you like Elavil because I read somewhere that the tricyclic antidepressants (of which Elavil is one) are supposed to work well for people with IBS but your the first person I've heard who's been on it. I'm looking into this one.
Your post really hit home for me because sometimes I feel like I'm borderline anorexic or something. It's been alot better since I got on the IBS diet but I still lost alot of weight (I'm 5'2" and I went from a size 10 to a size 0 in little under a year and a half.) Now that I know what I can tolerate and what I can't I'm not so anxious as I was when I was in constant pain and having diarrhea and not knowing why. And truth be told, I would say that living practically 2 years like that is definetly enough to give anyone an eating disorder! And now it's still hard because food rules my life and puts me outside of the norm (can't eat out, gotta read every freaking label, gotta find time to cook good food I can eat) but I'm learning to accept it and certainly being on Effexor has helped. Having a supportive partner has also been a blessing. Anyway, thank you for your post!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2756 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17143

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review