All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
greens+? librax?
      #277214 - 08/04/06 07:59 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I just saw a new GI. Wants me to up my SF and take prune juice. He recommended, as an SF supplement, either metamucil, a flax-based supplement (which is what I have been using for the past several months), or greens+. I haven't tried the last one - has anyone used this product? I looked at the ingredients, looks pretty good, though perhaps one would need to take a lot of it to get sufficient fibre.
He is going to give me a month and if I don't improve he is going to prescribe me Librax. Anyone tried it? My searches on these boards yielded few results.
How hilarious (and soul-crushing), that after ten years with chronic severe IBS-C, the docs are still telling me to eat more fibre and drink prune juice....

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: greens+? librax? new
      #277223 - 08/04/06 08:55 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

greens+ is a great thing to take, but not for fibre, take it for the health benefits and cleansing, hopefully you are ibs-c, since all of the algae and such can be very cleansing.
Fibre wise flax based is good, but i have had the best results with heathers acacia, second best is renewlife brand's fibresmart which is flax and borage seed based with some tummy calming herbs.
Good luck.

thanks, miso new
      #277243 - 08/05/06 08:22 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yeah, I'm IBS-C. Right now I am taking FibreSmart. I took Heather's acacia last year. While my BMs seemed bigger, more formed and regular with the acacia, I was so permanently bloated all last year, and I thought the acacia might be the cause. The makers of Greens+ also makes a fibre supplement called Satisfibre+, I believe the fibre in it is apple pectin fibre. I am thinking of giving it a try, along with the greens+.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

Librax new
      #277298 - 08/05/06 04:47 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Renee

Can't testify to the prune juice...I'm IBS-D and wouldn't go near the stuff.

I do take Librax, though. I've taken it for several years. It helps relax my anxiety and also relaxes my tummy. You take it 30 minutes before a meal and start by taking three a day, one before each meal and can also take one at bedtime, too, if needed.

I started out with the 3 a day and then cut back to 2 and now I'm at one a day. If I have a particularly stressful day I will take two. They have been a big help for me.

You must be aware that they can become addictive in some instances and if you take them you will need to taper off to stop taking them. Your doc will fill you in on all that. I have noticed no problem at all by going from 3 pills to 1 pill.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 549 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1281

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review