All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
double bacon cheeseburger?
      #277172 - 08/04/06 01:25 PM
Dabrybry

Reged: 08/01/06
Loc: Merritt Island, Florida

Is is possible to somehow prepare my stomache for a double cheeseburger? I've been craving something like that lately after all this rice, mash potatoes and chicken...Will 2 meals of soluable fiber before help enough?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Try soy new
      #277180 - 08/04/06 02:07 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Get yourself some soy burgers. A double bacon cheeseburger has just about every IBS trigger imaginable (high fat, red meat, dairy, probably bleached flour used for the bun, among other nasty things). You can make it yourself with soy burgers, soy cheese, buns, lettuce, all of that. Sadly, I've yet to find a soy bacon that doesn't taste like cardboard, but, Bac-Os are soy and taste a lot like bacon. The texture is different, but you get the taste.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

I'd go w/ turkey new
      #277190 - 08/04/06 02:57 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

When I am very very very stable AND when it's a convenient time for an attack (if there ever is one), I'll get a turkey burger with real bacon and blue cheese. You could obviously also do a turkey burger with turkey bacon (really so good) and soy cheese or no cheese. The trick to living with IBS is learning how to make yourself well, and then learning how to enjoy food within the limits so you don't get sick again. There is no need to live on chicken and mashed potatoes forever!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

I second the vote for turkey new
      #277217 - 08/04/06 08:07 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Turkey bacon is a thousand times better than soy bacon, and unless your system is really sensitive, it shouldn't bother you. Go with that, and turkey burgers, and some soy cheese, and you have yourself a pretty good treat.

Turkey burgers can be dry, so here's a good trick: one egg white, mixed into 1lb of ground turkey, makes the meat less like a hockey puck and without adding any fat.

Absolutely DO NOT, under any circumstances, go to a fast food joint and get your burger fix. It's seriously just asking for trouble - there is no way to "prepare your stomach" for such a thing, putting it bluntly. It's gonna make you sick. Not worth it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1720 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 608

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review