All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need support from other who do this ALONE
      #276165 - 07/28/06 07:13 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

For those of you who have no DH or DB or roommate or even family members who believe in your or support you- how do you find the strenght to put one foot in front of the other and go on? I feel like it gets harder year after year to try and pick up the pieces of my life that IBS has destroyed- the years when I should have been dating & building a career or financial future but was too sick to do so. I try not to get bitter and angry but I am. I am SO tired of trying to solve all the riddles of life that this disease presents on my own. Tired of trying to find a job that is amenable to this but pays enough to pay the bills alone. How do you do it... those who have no financial or emotional support from anyone else? Do you ever feel like part of your life has been robbed & you don't know how to build it back?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need support from other who do this ALONE new
      #276168 - 07/28/06 09:23 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

As far as my IBS goes, I've been lucky enough to have someone there for me. But there have been many times in my life when I've been alone and unable to deal with things. In those times, when I've had no one to help me, I just went on. Not because I wanted to or because I was confident or strong. Just because time kept moving. Things went on whether I wanted to or not. So I just went on, too. The alternative is none too appealing to me. There will always at least be emotional support here. And ideas and advice. Things will get better.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#276171 - 07/28/06 10:54 PM
Ganny

Reged: 05/02/04
Loc: Oregon, USA

I'm sick and tired of all my symptoms. I can do so well for a while and then BAM! I'm in pain. I also have FMS! I stay at home most of the time due to fear of IBS pain and need to find a bathroom and/or the flare of FMS. I can be just too icky to get out. Has anyone else had surgery who had and has IBS? I feel alone as I've never met anyone like me plus I am home alone (no family, no friends et al.). I am wondering if I should just "go for it" and get out pain fear or not. I did finally realize that stress can be a whopper for IBS. What I have now if what I read here! My IBS was a problem before the colectomies, but after last one I am healing more slowly. Losing friends and family (just left me or don't come or call) is very hard. I wish there were a group for us IBS/FMers nearby (south of Portland).

I truly want to get out (have the energy and ability to trust my gut as I will NOT make a promise I may not keep) and be involved with life. This is getting tiresome. Anyone in this boat too?

#276198 - 07/29/06 11:08 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

I wish there were a group for us IBS/FMers nearby (south of Portland).

I'm in West Linn, also south of Portland as you know, I'm sure. How far are you from me? There are a couple other people in this area, too.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 896 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 536

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review