All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
would it be less effective if i mixed acacia with...
      #275218 - 07/22/06 10:14 AM
Advance

Reged: 07/13/06

applesauce instead of water. when you mix with the applesauce you get large chunks since it doesn't fully dissolve yet. just wondering because i'm trying to figure out if it's irritating me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: would it be less effective if i mixed acacia with... new
      #275219 - 07/22/06 10:22 AM
caroll56

Reged: 04/01/06

I started my first dosage this AM, 1/4 tsp as directed with stirring into water. So far so good. I'm sticking with 1/4 tsp daily until my GI tract adapts, and gradually increase. Why don't you try to stir it up into the applesauce? You can't even taste it. Try stirring .....

Re: would it be less effective if i mixed acacia with... new
      #275223 - 07/22/06 12:09 PM
JJBean

Reged: 06/27/06
Loc: Buffalo, NY

I think that as long as you're drinking enough water, that shouldn't matter. I have it with applesauce sometimes too. I know what you mean about the chunks and they don't go away with stirring. The idea is that acacia is water soluble and there needs to be enough water in your system for it to form the gel in your intestines. So, if you aren't drinking it in a liquid form, make sure you're getting enough water and it should be fine!

--------------------
IBS-D and STABLE!!!!

Acacia with applesauce new
      #275242 - 07/22/06 01:09 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

There are two ways I've found to make Acacia not have clumps when mixed in applesauce:

1. Mix the acacia as well as you can in cold applesauce, then heat the applesauce in the microwave for 30-45 seconds, then mix again.

2. Mix the acacia in the applesauce, seal in a container, let sit overnight (in the refridgerator). This is what I do most weekdays, as I don't have time to make breakfast and lunch in the mornings before work, so I make everything the night before.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

if you let it sit a while new
      #275304 - 07/23/06 08:00 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

your clumps should disappear.

I had a hard time mastering acacia use at first, because I alway seemed to end up with clumps. Then I learned that time was my friend: the longer acacia sits in whatever liquid or soft food, the more it will completely dissipate. Planning ahead will save you a lot of frustration.

Good luck!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 321 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1421

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review